|Job Ref:||204800022||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Strathclyde||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:59|
Civil Design Engineer (Water)|
Location - Glasgow/ Stepps
Salary - £Competitive
Cyrus's client is positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. They are currently working in partnership to support the delivery of £360 Million of Capital Investment for Scottish Water over the next 6-years. The services offered include, programme management, design, rehabilitation and construction of pipeline and distribution network projects across Scotland
As a result, they seek Civil Engineers to undertake designs and manage CAD resource to deliver portable water pipeline projects including all associated civil engineering inputs.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to deliver outline and detailed designs of potable and raw water pipeline and distribution projects in a challenging and rewarding environment. The role includes responsibility for timeous delivery, quality, HSE and complying with Scottish Water's established specifications and procedures in a thriving business.
As a Civil Design Engineer you will have the following responsibilities:
• Provide the key role of technical designer on large and multiple projects, or programmes of smaller projects, where appropriate;
• Prepare design information for both outline design (Cx2) and detailed design (Cx3) stages;
• Liaison with modelling engineers and construction delivery teams;
• Under direction of the design lead; liaise with key stakeholders:
• Ensuring that design information conforms to Scottish Water Standards & Specifications;
• Preparation of H&S and documentation for review and sign off by the design lead;
• Undertaking the duties of Designer under the CDM Regulations;
• Ability to manage your project workload to programme, cost and quality requirements;
• Relevant technical skills for the water industry - e.g. pipeline hydraulics, civil engineering design, construction techniques, understanding of other engineering disciplines;
• Understanding of the application, benefits and limitations of a wide range of solutions to problems - for example both traditional engineering solutions and sustainable solutions; Ability to demonstrate the above through past experience.
Qualifications and Skills
• HNC/Degree educated or equivalent in a relevant field.
• Minimum of 2 years post graduate experience of working in a Civil Engineering position on water infrastructure projects
• Significant understanding of construction and operational requirements within design;
• Significant understanding of the application, benefits and limitations of a wide range of solutions to problems;
• Ability to manage teams and provide mentorship to your team members.
• Working towards Incorporated or Chartered Engineer status with CIWEM, the ICE, IEI or equivalent.
In return our client is able to offer a competitive salary and benefits package as well as continuity of work.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team driving project delivery through innovation and sustainable solutions, then please send your cv or apply through our website