|Job Ref:||204800021||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Strathclyde||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:59|
Senior Civil Design Engineer (Water)|
Location - Glasgow/ Stepps
Salary - £Competitive
Cyrus's client is positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. They are currently working in partnership to support the delivery of £360 Million of Capital Investment for Scottish Water over the next 6-years. The services offered include, programme management, design, rehabilitation and construction of pipeline and distribution network projects across Scotland
As a result, they seek Senior Civil Engineers to manage designs and to deliver potable water pipeline projects including all associated civil engineering inputs.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to deliver the detailed designs of potable water pipelines and distribution network projects in a challenging and rewarding environment. This is a key design role with responsibility for the timeous delivery of quality design and reporting outputs.
To be considered for this role, you will ideally be degree qualified in Civil Engineering and be a Chartered Engineer with CIWEM or ICE.
In addition, you will have Significant and relevant experience of working within an Engineer or Senior Engineer position on potable or raw water infrastructure projects as well as the relevant technical skills for the water industry - e.g. Pressurised system and pipeline hydraulics, civil engineering design, understanding of other engineering disciplines.
Furthermore, you will have an understanding of construction and operational requirements within design and the application, benefits and limitations of a wide range of solutions to problems.
As you will be working as part of a larger team, you will also demonstrate the ability to mentor junior team members.
• Proven track record of delivering successful projects and developing good working relationships with discipline teams and other key stakeholders;
• Experience in potable water network design including networks, civil works, reservoirs and pumping stations;
• Experience in project management of large/medium and small scale projects;
• Robust understanding of pressurised systems including national and international specifications;
• Experience or exposure to hydraulic modelling and capable of instructing/overseeing modellers based in other offices;
• Experience leading and managing teams of engineers;
• 5 - 10 years of experience in water engineering or relevant field.
In return our client is able to offer a competitive salary and benefits package as well as continuity of work.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team driving project delivery through innovation and sustainable solutions, then please send your cv or apply through our website