|Job Ref:||204799870||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:59|
Technical Author- Defence Electronics|
£25,000- £30,000 + Benefits
Cubiq Recruitment are representing a successful and ambitious engineering business who pioneer in the design, development and manufacture of rugged electronic devices and supply to a global market.
Due to continued company success and product diversification we have an urgent requirement for a Technical Author to join the team and play a pivotal role in the development of technical documentation and user guides.
* Writing & updating Build instructions (including Photography) for Production personnel
* Writing & updating Product Inventory "Checklists" with associated BoMs & Price Lists within the Business Management ERP software
* Writing & updating User Guides for external and internal customers
* Production and editing of video material for external and internal customers
* Liaising with Evaluation, R&D and Production personnel on documentation requirements & issues
* Attending design meetings and liaising with the Engineering team to gain an understanding of the technology to be presented
* Acting as a representative for the R&D Team in Operational Meetings as necessary
Key Skills and Background Required:
* A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar Technical Authoring / Writing role
* Extensive experience using Microsoft Word, Adobe illustrator and Photoshop
* Good photography skills and experience with graphic and video editing software
* Knowledge of Industry Standards within the Electronics, Mechanical and Software based engineering sectors
* Experience with Adobe In-Design or similar DTP package
* Experience with Adobe Premiere, Techsmith Camtasia or similar
* Experience with Enterprise Resource Management software
* A Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in a relevant discipline
UK SC Clearance is required, applicants with current SC Clearance are preferred
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a business who are a market leader in the development of cutting edge technology and will require an innovative and ambitious individual.
How to APPLY:-
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided and I will contact you shortly for a confidential discussion.
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the technology and manufacturing sectors.
Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across the following engineering and commercial disciplines; mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, controls & instrumentation, embedded software & electronics, quality & manufacturing, product design and project, programme & operations management