|Job Ref:||204799698||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Surrey||Address:||Post Code:||KT15||Salary:||£22.00 - £25.00/hour||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:59|
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Highway Works Engineer to join a pre-construction team on a long-term contract basis in the Surrey area.|
The successful candidate will be responsible for Engineering aspects of the Highway Schemes construction process. This involves input during the pre-planning stages, then actually pre-planning/programming the work and assembling necessary safety documentation & Information for the Construction phase. The work will range from relatively minor improvement schemes, through to large highway schemes. It may cover drainage, structures, safety barriers, general Highway Improvement schemes.
- Engage with the client to advise on buildability, traffic management and other areas of Engineering input during the ECI stage.
- Pre-plan and mobilise Highways Improvement Schemes ready to be handed over to the Supervisor for delivery.
- Review Works Information (PCI, STATs, drawings and specification) provided by the client to ensure complete and coherent information has been provided by the Client for the scheme.
- Liaise with proposed supply chain, establishing proposed programme
- Raise requests for road space Permits. Monitor and give further information during the process of agreeing roadspace.
- Write / assemble the Site Safety Pack. This contains all information, PCI, drawings and proposed safe work methods for each individual scheme. The Engineer is responsible for writing / assembling this and passing the File to the Supervisor ready for delivery.
- Engagement, involvement of Supervisors during Scheme pre-construction phase to utilise their knowledge and expertise in the pre-planning stage, and to allow the Supervisor to gain understanding of the works ahead of Construction.
- Produce and maintain a Programme of individual Highways Capital work streams (e.g. Safety Barrier Improvements). Attend programme or work stream review meetings with Client.
- Ability to review Supply chain proposed working methods (in the form of Method statements and Risk Assessments) to check conformance to Standards and general Safety Regulations.
- Assist during the works delivery stage with Engineering or technical input as required.
- Complete Contractual records (Completion certificates, variations, extensions of time, Early warnings)
Key Skills and Qualifications:
-HNC/HND, degree or diploma qualified (or equivalent) in relevant engineering discipline
-Relevant CSCS card for the grade
-Familiarity with general office IT software
-Good technical knowledge and awareness of highways
-Awareness and understanding of the CDM 2015 Regs.
-Knowledge and experience of temporary works
-NRSWA qualification, knowledge and experience of determining suitable traffic management for various types of works
-Good communication skills (written & oral) required as the post holder will be required to liaise with all stakeholders.
-A good understanding of relevant health & safety legislation and codes of practice is required to ensure that safety is a primary consideration for all works
To find out more about this role, please contact Blayne Cahill on (Apply online only).
To apply for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK