|Job Ref:||204799660||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wrexham||Address:||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum Negotiable + Benefits||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:59|
The client is a state of the art UK manufacturer with significant investment in facilities, plant and equipment to ensure that the factory continues to be at the forefront in both processes and efficiency. The finished products are distributed throughout the UK and Europe. This is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of a growing business model and also to be part of developing the ever changing marketplace.|
Qualifications: Degree Standard in Manufacturing Engineering (or related) with a minimum of 3 years experience in a Best Practice, Continuous Improvement-oriented Production Environment (engineered products).
Role Summary & Objectives:
To champion the ongoing development of manufacturing methods and practices in order to achieve maximum efficiency lowest-cost production, maximise the Company's operational flexibility in response to changing business requirements, to optimise overall efficiencies (machine & labour utilisation, yield, etc), product quality, service levels to customers (on time in full); and generally support the wider business objectives.
• To recommend and agree appropriate key measures/performance indicators (with Management) against which current and future operational performance can & should be measured, in line with key objectives.
• To recommend, develop & implement short, medium and longer-term improvement objectives and targets appropriate to achievement of key objectives.
• To work closely with shop floor staff, team leaders, engineering and management to attain an appropriate knowledge of products, processes and production techniques.
• Play a central role in facilitating & establishing an "operator-up" ideas flow culture (continuous improvement).
• Liaising with operators, team leaders and management, to establish appropriate performance measures, with "buy-in" at all levels and regular communication of ongoing trends and results.
• To devise and implement process improvement initiatives (eg, methods/layout) appropriate to achieving main objectives, within and between product assembly cells, production service cells (component and sub-assembly areas), together with associated inbound and outbound supply resources.
• To liaise closely with Engineering to plan/optimise/support new product development activities, Product Enhancement programmes; or the introduction of new products into efficient, timely manufacture
• As above with Quality Management to support product and business quality standards and improvement plans.
• As above with Management and Suppliers for IT Systems Development and Integration Issues, particularly with regard to manufacturing and supply chain planning components.
• Liaise closely with Strategic Purchasing Manager to provide accurate current/likely future process costings to facilitate make/buy decisions; and in general to support supplier-base rationalisation and cost reduction programmes (inc. cost of quality, cost of inventory; and cost of supplier service level performance.
• Ensure processes and methods are regularly benchmarked against current best practice
• Organise and/or attend meetings with machinery and component suppliers in support of all above
• Improve manufacturing efficiency through the implementation of competitive and innovative new methods and processes. Working from engineering specifications and drawings, analysing specification amendments and work process documentation.
• Supporting production team activities by providing manufacturing methods, processes & tooling to enable manufacture, will fire-fight and resolve day to day production problems in order to maintain maximum possible production output by quickly identifying and implementing short term solution and following up with a longer term solution if necessary.
• Continuously documenting and maintaining records of production & process performance & maintenance, also carry out maintenance activities to manufacturing process equipment or project manage external suppliers to service machinery where required, source new or replacement process capital equipment or tooling ensuring best value.
• Process Map products and processes to improve efficiency and remove waste
• Organise and implement facilities management via outside contractors as required