|Job Ref:||204799393||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:59|
EUC Converged Communications Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a EUC Converged Communications Engineer who will report into the EUC Converged Communications Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for the delivery of the group EUC Converged Communications Function service which encompasses all aspects of telephony technologies including ACD, Lync and PBX, supporting our Head Offices, call centres and retail stores as well as our remote sites.
Working as part of a small team of engineers the successful candidate will be responsible for managing incidents, changes in line with defined ITIL process across telephony based platforms in particularly Avaya CM, Elite ACD and Skype for Business.
- Plan the telecommunications strategies for company call centre to ensure that efficient and effective customer interaction is achieved.
- Conduct testing and development disaster recovery plans to detect faults, minimize malfunctions, and backup systems.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining policies, procedures, and training plans for telecommunication system's appropriate use.
- Where necessary, liaise with equipment vendors during installations, acquisition negotiations, and hardware performance issues.
- Design and support telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including PBXs, call management systems, voice mail, interactive voice response, and video conferencing systems.
- Integrate these systems with enterprise LANs, WANs, wireless LANs, and Internet-based services and protocols.
You will need:
- Experience with support Avaya products
- Strong contact centre experience
- Experience of working to a high level of accuracy
- Service oriented and customer focused with ITIL foundation qualification preferred
- Proven experience of liaising with third-party technology partners and vendors
- A good technical understanding of networking set ups & technologies (MPLS, VPN, LAN, WAN etc)
- Contact centre telephony experience
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Stakeholder management at a senior level
- Knowledge of Cisco essential and knowledge of Alcatel, Asterisk and Verint a distinct advantage
Dixons Carphone is Europe's number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people's expertise to reach out and help new customers. What's more - we're exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It's an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now