|Job Ref:||204799374||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Salary:||£30.00/hour||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:59|
Network Commissioning Engineer.|
A Network Commissioning Engineer is required to work on a 12 month contract (With the possibility of extension) for defence based in Rosyth.
This is a 12 month contract working for a UK leading defence company.
Overview of the Network Commissioning Engineer contract role.
* Perform setting to work activities for networks (INE) equipment in Rosyth. Interrogation on an item by item basis to ensure correct operation and configuration of each item according to instructions provided by the INE team.
* Perform on ship release and confidence testing of INE System and subsystems.
* Perform, record and report on subsystem and system wide tests to provide ongoing confidence testing and release to other network users.
* Provide support to Portsmouth based team for rectification of defects and implementation of new releases.
* Provide detailed fault information and platform support to enable Portsmouth based team to identify and rectify faults.
* Support the test/release phase of the ships based on the implementation baseline, which encompasses fault resolutions under pressure for delivery of an INE release to be used on platform.
* Support the maturity of functional, performance and safety testing that will be required to release the networks for use to other suppliers.
* Apply good Configuration Management processes to daily work through Observation Reporting tools and implementation of any changes and patches to pre-configured systems.
Key skills required for the Network Commissioning Engineer.
* Experienced in all aspects of networking, L1 to L3 skills essential.
* IT Infrastructure / networking technical background essential.
* Integration support background essential.
* LAN, WAN, MPLS, QoS, BGP, OSPF, RIP, IPSEC, GRE, L2TP, MSTP, HSRP, Virtual Switching are must.
* Must have a sound understanding in Data centre type technologies, Windows Server, Active Directory/DNS and VmWare.
* The role will be Rosyth based however there will be a requirement for some travel to Portsmouth for familiarisation with INE equipment.
The role is based in Rosyth - commutable from Dundee, Perth, Glenrothes, Kirkcaldy, Dunfermline, Stirling and Falkirk with excellent access from Glasgow.
If you are a Network Commissioning Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Mulcahy on (url removed) or phone (Apply online only).
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website (url removed)