|Job Ref:||204798971||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hockley||Address:||Post Code:||B18||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:01|
A new opportunity has arisen within Seetec for a BI Qlikview Developer to join our Analytics and Business Intelligence team.
Reporting to the Business Intelligence Manager, you will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of information delivery solutions and data visualisation outputs for business colleagues and customers. You will also be required to collaborate with business users to analyse user requirements and apply data visualisation techniques and business intelligence capabilities to translate requirements into solutions.
The successful candidate will need to have at least 3 years' experience of working with data visualisation, data mining and/or business analysis experience. You will also need to have experience in designing and presenting complex data sets in visually compelling formats via Qlikview.
* Design, create and develop rich, high impact visualisations from often 'large' data sets which, result in actionable data, more effective solution(s) assessment and evaluation and better enable sound business decision making.
* Collaborate with business users and analyse user requirements and apply data visualisation techniques and business intelligence (BI) capabilities, to translate requirements into solutions that meet agreed specifications.
* Provide thought leadership, best practices and professional standards in service and product delivery, as the subject matter expert (SME) in all matters relating to data visualisation solutions.
* Apply design and data analysis techniques to organise the presentation of data in visually innovative ways in order to make it easier to understand, to make it more insightful and more actionable by end users.
* Lead the complete lifecycle of visual analytical applications, from development of mock-ups and storyboards to complete production ready application.
* Manage a repository of re-usable data visualisation templates and views.
* Work with business colleagues/customers to develop and deliver projects, co-ordinating with other teams and specialists as required, to successfully achieve project objectives.
* Ensure all developments to the platform are well documented, all changes are well communicated and any guidance and/or training reflects current status.
* Actively seek to build a network of relationships and work collaboratively to further the development and adoption of BI information capabilities in improving competitive advantage.
* Lead key projects a SME as required and to align working priorities to current business needs.
Skills and Experience
* Qlikview Certification.
* Experience in working with large, multi-dimensional data sets and big databases.
* Deep familiarity with Business Intelligence Tools, preferably Qlikview. Expertise with other BI tools: Cognos, Business Objects etc. would be acceptable.
* Demonstrated experience in querying data (SQL)
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management or equivalent work experience.
* Experienced at working in a similar role in a related industry/business.
* Able to look beyond numbers to identify trends and drivers, experienced in converting complex data into insight and articulating results clearly and concisely.
* Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Experience in communicating with client stakeholders and senior leadership on complex topics.
* Experience and familiarity with product lifecycle and product management.
* Visual/graphical design eye.
Salary £54,775-£60,875 per annum.
Seetec is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity