|Job Ref:||204798886||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Blackpool||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:01|
Are you an experienced Principal Engineer - Active Vehicle Control? Would you like to be a part of the nation's most complex and high profile maritime projects? |
Would you like to apply your knowledge of control systems design to cutting edge submarine control systems, which determine the way in with the submarines move through the water, dive, and surface? We currently have a vacancy for a Principal Engineer - to join the Active Vehicle Control team at our clients site in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria.
As a Principal Engineer - Active Vehicle Control, you will be responsible for the design and integration of control systems at a safety integrity level (SIL) 3. This will include requirements management, system design, and integration into the wider platform.
Your main responsibilities as a Principal Engineer - Active Vehicle Control will include:
* Control system design for SIL 3 systems, considering integration with the wider platform
* Gathering requirements from customers relating to the boat control and/ or hydrodynamic systems
* Carrying out system design for control and instrumentation systems
* Interfacing with customers, suppliers, and other related engineering teams
* Mentoring junior members of staff within the team to encourage their professional development
As a Principal Engineer - Active Vehicle Control your skills and qualifications must include:
* Degree (or equivalent) qualification in relevant field, or substantial control systems design experience
* Demonstrable experience in control systems design and control theory application
* Previous experience of applying control theory to a vehicle programme or similar platform
As a Principal Engineer - Active Vehicle Control your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* Experience interfacing with suppliers
* Previous submarines experience
Security Clearance WILL be required for this role due to the nature of the projects involved.
If interested in this position then please contact Karla Harris-Hignett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on either (Apply online only) (DL) (Apply online only) (Mob) - or send an up-to-date WORD CV to all correspondence and conversations for the role will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency