|Job Ref:||204798723||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Winchester||Address:||Salary:||£43000 - £55000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:01|
To provide a professional structural engineering service to support the management of structural assets and Business Units including the provision of structural solutions particularly in the area of masts, towers and telecommunication buildings ensuring structural integrity, reliability and serviceability.|
* Acts as a specialist in the field of mast and tower engineering contributing to a central core of technical expertise. Encourages, guides and develops team working and provides technical support, assistance and mentoring to peers and less experienced members of the team.
* Plays a key role in overseeing specific programmes of work including agreeing initial programme, agreeing scope of activities, managing risks and issues, coordinating budget, providing management reporting and facilitating specifications & templates.
* Ensures that these programmes are executed to an acceptable standard, in line with agreed SLAs, including assessing, approving and auditing the implementation of works on site where required.
* Plans, specifies and instructs structural works necessary to ensure the safety and integrity of the structural portfolio in order to meet the serviceability requirements for the intended service life.
* Develops an excellent working relationship with internal and external stakeholders and customers in order to enhance levels of service, business opportunities and to assist in achieving the responsibilities in respect of structural integrity and reliability.
* Provides input into yearly budgets for capital and operating expenditure relating to the design, construction, maintenance and development of site infrastructure.
* Promotes the department as a centre of technical excellence and ensures all parts of the business are aware of capabilities and what support can be provided
* Encourages innovation to identify more efficient ways of working both in own area of responsibility and in other parts of the business.
* The instigation and management of structural investigations including geotechnical surveys, structural surveys and forensic investigations including the production of technical reports and business justifications.
* The design and/or approval of mast, tower, building, civil and rooftop installations as required by the business including feasibility costing, scheme design, detailed design, specifications, tender evaluation and structural acceptance.
* The fulfilment of the role of Designer, ensuring the provision of safe and economical designs in accordance with the CDM regulations including the production of all relevant documentation associated with the design of projects including calculations, specifications, design drawings and design risk assessments.
* The acceptance and/or sign-off of designs and handover documentation for projects carried out by others on other assets and the updating of structural records.
* Undertakes peer reviews of designs produced by the Structural Engineering team to ensure design compliance.
* Provides engineering input into the review of sites assessed for long term viability.
* Plays a key role in defining process and procedures and responsible for ensuring quality and compliance with published policies and procedures for all structural activities.
* Maintenance of comprehensive structure and antenna records consistent with Quality Management System. Maintain customer quality standards.
* Keeps abreast of developments in UK and EU Technical Codes and Standards relating to masts, towers, foundations and other relevant subject areas.
* Promotes an effective Safety, Health and Environment culture, to ensure a safe and healthy working environment within area of operation
* Maintains a secure working environment in line with the requirements of the Security Policy in order to protect individuals, information and assets.
* A degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline approved by the Engineering Council Institutions as an approved qualification for MICE or MIStructE.
* A Chartered Engineer
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES / EXPERIENCE FOR ROLE:
* Provide management support to the Structural Resource Manager when required.
* Represent Telecoms Structural Engineering team at management level when required.
* Ability to make technical and rational judgements based upon technical data.
* Ability to write concise and accurate briefs and reports for senior management, customers and engineering staff.
* Computer literate with a good working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, design and analysis software.
* Self-motivated innovator
* A good working knowledge of BS8100, associated Codes and standards, and CDM legislation which affects the business.
* Although not essential, an ability to climb tall structures would be an advantage