|Job Ref:||204798631||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||East Riding of Yorkshire||Address:||Salary:||£16 - £32/hour||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:01|
Vehicle Technician - £16.00 per hour, opportunity for over time and weekend working at premium rates - 3 month contract. Telford based.|
Our client is a market leader in the design, production and support of defence systems. We have a requirement for a number of vehicle technicians for a 3 month period, to achieve production output targets. This will include the assembly of new military vehicles and the upgrade of existing.
You will work as an integral part of flexible multi-faceted team to achieve the required production output.
Your duties will include:
* Assembly of Vehicle Subsystems to current required specification to produce finished Vehicle.
* Upgrade Training Vehicle Fleet to current specification.
* Interpreting working drawings and assembly instructions.
* Fitment of electrical and mechanical components to the required standard.
* Vehicle Fault finding, diagnosis and repair across Mechanical. Electrical and hydraulic disciplines.
* Completion of tasks to the required build and quality standards whilst maintaining quality checking records.
* Meet and exceed required production target.
* Identify / report any defective components and any assembly issues.
* Routinely maintain assembly tools, jigs and fixtures.
* Follow the required health and safety standards to ensure a safe working environment.
Qualifications / Experience
* Time-served apprenticeship or equivalent qualification NVQ / SVQ / C&G military VM1 level 3 in Vehicle mechanics.
* Experienced Technician Electrical / Mechanical with experience gained from within the automotive, HGV / plant, Aerospace, engineering environment.
* Ability to interpret technical specifications, drawings and assembly instructions.
* Strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical processes, assembly, testing and fault diagnosis.
* Previous experience of working with military vehicles would be an advantage.
Vehicle, technician, hgv, fitter, plant, defence, military, repair, assembly, mechanical, electrical, test