|Job Ref:||204798589||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:01|
Summary of Role: |
The role is to design hardware systems mainly using proprietary hardware components for control panels and primarily focused on PLC's, MCCs, Drives & Controls, and Switchgear. Preparing, reviewing and checking necessary calculations and design. The work may involve limited travel with the possibility of some periods away at customer sites carrying out surveys and designing solutions
• Knowledge of designing electrical panels containing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's), LV modular distribution systems incorporating MCCbs, Transformers or Switchboards.
• Design of electrical cabling and containment systems
• Educated to at least degree level in relevant subject or HND with additional experience of at least 4 years post graduate experience or 6 years post HND experience on successful project implementation
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical
• Must be able to achieve security clearance to at least SC level, and possibly DV.
• It is essential that candidates have excellent communication skills as client contact is required as is integration with and mentoring of other team members
• Ability to mentor and develop engineers and technicians
• A good working knowledge of related safety and environmental legislation, G5/4 Harmonic Standard
• Able to Develop technical solutions to meet project and customer expectations
• Thorough understanding of, or working towards, BS7671 IEE 17th Edition Wiring Regs
• Understanding of IEC BS EN 60439-1,Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies
• Confidence to work within a multidisciplinary design team
• BEng (Hons) in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent).
• MEng qualification
• Will hold Chartered or Incorporated Engineering status
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English
• Ability to lead and work in a team
• Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
• Flexible in their methods of working