|Job Ref:||JOH005I||Employer:||WorleyParsons Ltd||Job Type:||Permanent||City:||Johannesburg||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:01|
To manage both the business's integrated budgeting, performance and reporting together with project accounting functions of WP RSA business and all its entities. |
To perform financial operating officer functions on behalf of the CFO as delegated.
The role supports the CFO by coordinating and consolidating all location information for the budget/forecast and actual into Hyperion and other management related reporting, overhead reviews and management reporting. It is also responsible for any ad-hoc reporting requirement by location or regional management.
Key performance areas (major activities / responsibilities)
Expectations / Inputs (methods used)
Results / Outputs (expected results)
Consolidate management reporting in support of the CFO.
· Be accountable for the preparation of timely and accurate monthly consolidated management accounts together with relevant reports for operational management.
· Be accountable for the accuracy and integrity of the locations management accounting records and reports.
· Play a full coordination role in providing relevant and timely financial, forecasting and budget information to the CFO to enable a balanced and objective assessment of the Group's achievement of its strategic objectives.
· Support and actively contribute to the finance drive to simplify, automate and standardise the operations reports, procedures and processes.
· Useful financial information on the business units/ entities for effective decision making by managers of lines of business.
· Accuracy, relevance and reliability (timeous availability) of financial information.
· Simplified, automated and standardised reports, procedures and processes.
Coordinate and integrate budgets and forecasts.
· Periodical Hyperion updated HFM and planning for actual and budget/ forecast.
· Keep a list of OH employees by their SU and agreed by their respective managers.
· Preparation of consolidated annual budget and periodical forecasting of OH by SU's. Budget need to be prepared by name of SU staff and all other lines should be calculated using bottom to top approach. It includes, office rental, depreciation, legal and professional, telecommunication, travelling should be based on expected travels etc. User pay, software cost, corporate charge is provided by head office. These numbers are prepared in coordination with SU Managers and reviewed and agreed before consolidation.
· Prepare and consolidate budgets, forecasts and business plan.
· Continuously monitor and review performance against budgets and forecasts to enable robust reporting of variances to the CFO and 3 rd party stakeholders.
· Projects and partnerships on continuous operations.
· Overall business performance and timely flagging of variances to BU Heads and managers of entities of WP RSA.
Contribute to sound financial management and controls.
· Support and actively contribute to the management of overheads whilst seeking out areas for efficiencies through savings.
· Assist the CFO in respect of periodic reports to the Audit Committee explaining the processes adopted and undertaken by management to keep under regular review- the effectiveness of internal controls covering financial, operational and compliance controls.
· Cost saving and delivery of value to shareholders.
Support the improvement of business performance, efficiencies and accountability in all areas of business.
· Continuously challenge the accounting for OH vs. Direct cost.
· Keep key stakeholders up to date on progress against key milestones.
· Carry out any further tasks for which your qualifications and experience are suited as directed by the company.
· All BU Heads and Managers of Operations, projects and entities of WP RSA driven to yield a good return on investment/ capital employed.
· All BU Heads and Managers of Operations, projects and entities of WP RSA guided to adhere to established procedures, processes and standards in accounting for the investment/ capital employed and profitability.
Build relationships and manage staff.
· Effectively manage, motive and develop direct reports.
· Implement a change management culture by challenging and replacing established processes and procedures where applicable and necessary.
· Continously evaluate own departmens performance by obtaining feedback from different Departments or BU(s), to ensure the section is properly supporting the needs of the operating businesses.
· Evaluate individual performance of staff in area of control.
· Work closely with project team and quality function.
· Work in close collaboration with project teams and the BU Business Partners to ensure complete alignment and deliverables in line with company procedures and timelines.
· Close coordination with Project Managers and BU Managers to ensure their understanding and agreement of the monthly results.
· Assume other special activities and responsibilities under the direction of the BU Manager or CFO.
· Attend relevant Business Unit, projects, finance related meetings.
· Engaged and effective team.
· So that a culture of continuous improvement and learning is promoted.
· Be seen as an internal consultant to assist business maintain and improve profitability.
· Objective assessment against performance measures and metrics of busine ss.
1. Minimum Qualifications:
A Bachelor's Degree in accounting, CIMA or equivalent.
The above and a Management Development Program.
Relevant professional financial qualification such as Chartered Accountant
Extensive experience as a Business Analyst with additional 3 years as a management accountant, in a project bases multi-disciplinary engineering and/ construction firm.
5 years' experience first as a Project Accountant. Progresses to Group Accountant in a large resources/ Engineering, Procurement and Contract Management environment. Demonstrable understanding of the business WorleyParsons business model.
3. Personal Qualities
· A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
· Driven to achieve high standards in quality of work.
· Strategic business partner.
· Adds value.
· Solutions bases.
· Proactive, goal orientated with attention to detail.
· Excellent customer focus.
· Creative problem solving.
· Initiative and self-driven personality.
· Results orientation and a positive outlook.
· A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
· Credibility and comfortable in dealing with senior managers.
· Tolerant and determined.
· Empathetic communication.
· Well-presented and business mindedness.
· Responsible and accountable for duties assigned.
· Gets on well with others and a team player.
· Values driven in behaviour and conduct and ethical.
Competencies of the Job
· Highly numerical and analytical.
· Can tell a sound business understanding beyond current industry.
· Inferred capability to see and reflect on business even in terms of non-financial key performance indicators.
· Focussed on governance.
· Able to formulate policies, procedures, processes, and requisite key controls.
· Has the capability to work with business to ensure effective controls.
· Demonstrates inferred capability for value protection and as custodian of assets.
· Ability to see the bigger picture.
· Able to see things from the other persons view.