|Job Ref:||204798347||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bolton||Address:||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:01|
Principal Manufacturing Engineer - RF/Microwave Technology and Guided Missiles |
Location - Bolton
Urgent opening for a Principal Manufacturing Engineer to support and enhance microelectronic assembly processes used in the manufacture of RF and Microwave products. This position requires the applicant to have significant experience in RF microwave circuits, and assembly processes.
Have you had exposure to - Flip Chip assembly, Wire-bonding, epoxy and solder die attach, Flip Chip Underfill, Hermetic Sealing / testing, Module assembly, electronic assembly methods and component reliability ? If so I want to hear from you.
There has never been a more suitable or exciting time to join my client as they are about to embark on a state of the art super technical, new manufacturing facility!
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Candidates wishing to be considered must be a UK national that can gain or already have gained SC Clearance - also candidates must have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate the following qualifications / experience / aptitude:
* Identify, justify and introduce new technologies in-house or at approved sub-contractor to meet new product requirements or cost reductions.
* Coordinate with cross-functional and cross cultural teams to enable seamless integration into in-house manufacture
* Participate fully in developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need.
* Carry out investigations into a full range of problems, issues or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
* Define automated assembly process requirements in assigned/specialist area(s) and lead all aspects of equipment specification, evaluation, capital acquisition and validation/commissioning.
* Plan, control and deliver assigned projects or work packages, and make an input as required to cross-functional projects investigations; ensuring requirements are delivered to plan.
* Carry out quality activities in assigned areas in line with all requirements and processes.
* Act as the main point of contact with customers (internal and external) and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters, to resolve a full range of problems and issues and to maintain an awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives.
* Support the identification of business opportunities and the preparation of bids in area(s) of expertise to facilitate the development of the highest quality bids.
* Keep up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services (seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to continuously improve practices), and supply technical support and expertise to others as required.
* Manage assigned budgets and lead, develop and motivate assigned staff to ensure they are aware of and capable of delivering their accountabilities.
* Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working and their development.
* Ensure team size and capability mix is optimised for successful delivery of work packages and projects.
* Manage and report against the team's work programmes, including analysis of risk, to ensure the team delivers its accountabilities.
* Lead and support Continuous Improvement initiatives to ensure the area of responsibility is continually developing to improve efficiency.
* Support the Manufacturing System Controller during the preparation and proving of the Production System for Certificate of Manufacture approval.
* Risk identification and aversion strategies associated with technical definition and manufacturing methodologies.
* Development, maintain and control technical interfaces to customers, suppliers and collaborators to ensure effective and swift resolution of technical issues.
* MIL-STD883 and IPC610 standards
* HNC/HND Level of Qualifications or equivalent in an engineering discipline plus substantial level of experience of manufacturing in aerospace/ defence or related industry
* Cleanroom disciplines and protocols
* A sound knowledge and experience of Wire Bonding, Flip Chip assembly, Package assembly, Hermetic sealing/Testing, Module assembly
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your CV via the 'APPLY' button in this advert. Please note that direct emails are sometimes not received due to the spam/junk e-mail filters in place. If you would like to discuss your suitability further, please do not hesitate to contact Rachel on (Apply online only)