|Job Ref:||204798293||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £46000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:01|
Job Title: Software Team Lead|
Salary: £40,000 - £46,000 per annum
All applications to: (url removed)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Software Team Lead to join an engineering and software company based in Bristol.
- Lead the software development effort across the portfolio, working with project managers to scope and agree a plan of software development activities and delivery timescales that are realistic and meet the needs of the company and its customers.
- Manage the day to day tasking of developers allocating work as required to meet project timescales.
- Ensure that the project managers are kept informed of progress and are appraised of any issues that arise.
- Ensure that all software quality plans are appropriate for the size and standards required for the projects and providing both support and challenge for developers to ensure that good practice is followed and that the right quality of the delivered software is obtained.
- Lead the release and configuration management of all software developed within the portfolio area, ensuring that appropriate quality standards and practices are adhered to.
- Remain partly hands-on, keeping your own skills up to date, and in conjunction with the software engineering discipline, implement a programme of continuous improvement, sharing of knowledge and best practice.
Key Results Areas:
- Lead a Team of Software Developers to deliver software employed across all aspects of company traffic enforcement systems,
- Plan scheduled software releases for the product range, defining the content of each release and the timescales required, allowing sufficient time for design, development and test,
- Oversee the release of software for testing, production and delivery,
- Ensure the required level of quality is maintained and that the releases are carried out on time,
- Engage with and motivate the development team to implement effective approaches for each phase of the development lifecycle
- Work with Project Managers to plan the activities of the development team putting in place suitable mechanisms for monitoring and reporting on progress and for dealing with issues arising,
- Establish a close working relationship with the Product Support Function Escalation Manager to ensure that issues raised in the field are prioritised and addressed appropriately and final resolution sought,
- Work with the Test Manager to ensure that formal testing is planned and executed appropriately
Operational Standards and Objectives:
- Work complies with the Company Management System and the Company Quality System,
- Carry out work to customer satisfaction and attract customer complaint,
- Work is presented in the Company format unless specifically directed otherwise in recorded instructions,
- Comply with the provisions of the Health and Safety legislation to assist in the maintenance of a safe workplace,
- Provide all inputs to plans and deliverables in line with agreed formats and schedules,
- Contribute to professional exchanges and develop the corporate expertise in software development activities,
An ideal Software Team Lead will hold the following experience:
- A proven track record of successful team leadership of a software team (3 years+), through the full lifecycle of requirements capture, design, development, delivery and support,
- Experience of release and configuration management of a distributed software capability,
- Experience gained within the transport and enforcement domains would be an advantage
- First degree level (or equivalent) in a software related discipline or significant industry experience in a directly relevant field
- Ability to communicate at all levels (E),
- Capable of managing medium sized software developments with potentially multiple branches (E),
- Software team leadership (E),
- Experience of the full software project lifecycle (requirements, design, develop, test, deliver) (E),
- Experience of delivery of software upgrades/ amendments to existing software/ regression testing (E),
- Experience of Agile and Waterfall development methodologies (E),
- Experience of DevOps (D),
- Windows Embedded experience (D),
- Software development involving integration with bespoke hardware (D),
- Competent user of MS Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) (E),
- Experience of working to quality standards (E),
- C#, C++, .Net, SQL, WPF (E),
- UML (E)
- Be prepared to work in the North Bristol area. (E)
- Have a valid current Passport or be eligible for one. (E)
- Be eligible for a UK Security clearance at least to SC level. (E)
- Be able to drive and have a current driving licence. (D)