|Job Ref:||204798278||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Bedfordshire||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:01|
Job Title - Project Manager (Change)|
Location - Milton Keynes
Rates - £350.00 - 400.00
About the role / project:
Project Manager needed with experience in Software delivery, software projects lifecycle, to join the Programme Systems Engineering (PSE) programme of work, which is aiming to ensure that all Systems Engineering competencies and supporting processes are practiced, or understood in all relevant stakeholder communities
What you will do:
Experience in software development project is needed as PSE Programme deliverables include software tools, as well as process/template and upskilling activities.
Your experience will include:
* Experienced in the Software delivery and lifecycle - most important
* Strong stakeholder engagement and management including Band 1 and execs
* Rail knowledge - advantageous
* Involvement in Systems Engineering and Business Change projects
* Very good and clear Communication skills
* Project management skills, ideally APM practitioner level
* Agree remit and success criteria of change projects with the relevant Executive Sponsors and Functional Directors.
* Manage the development and delivery of change projects in compliance with company processes and procedures.
* Manage the production of project management plans for change projects.
* Establish and manage collaborative cross-functional virtual teams to deliver change projects, where appropriate.
* Deliver regular progress reports on change projects, including relevant risks and issues, to Executive Sponsors and Functional Directors.
* Manage project budgets within agreed targets.
* Promote and monitor the use of efficiency improvement methods.
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to interviewing all applicants who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria advertised. We are striving to achieve the 'two ticks' disability symbol and to create a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
Network Rail is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy