Our scale is expansive but that is nothing compared to our imagination. |
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Continue to build your future with WorleyParsons.
*Only considering local candidates to Atlanta, GA
You will provide mechanical engineering services on large or mega projects to WorleyParsons' and its customers', including technical support and supervision within the mechanical engineering team.
- Manage mechanical engineering services that meet WorleyParsons', its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Manage mechanical engineering project requirements.
- Manage mechanical engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and comply with required checking procedures;
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- provide advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase order preparation.
- Act as the mechanical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- ensure the required services meet WorleyParsons, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between WorleyParsons and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in mechanical engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the mechanical engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the mechanical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
Experience and Qualifications
- 10 years' experience in the Fossil Power Generation industry.
- Experience with all aspects of mechanical equipment procurement, including sizing, selection, specifying, evaluation of bids and vendor document reviews
- Extensive experience with steam cycle design and balance of plant system design from conceptual engineering through construction support, including feasibility analysis, design development, process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, system sizing, system descriptions, etc.
- Experience with preparation of man-hours estimate for various engineering tasks.
- Able to work with project engineering to maintain consistency of deliverables, communication among disciplines, and cost/schedule control.
- Accustomed to international work is a plus.
- Proficient in AFT Fathom, Arrow and Impluse software.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A recognized and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering; management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
OneWay is WorleyParsons enterprise wide integrity management framework. It consists of simple statements that describe the way we work across key areas of our business e.g, Leadership, Risk Management, Health, Safety and the Environment. The OneWay expectations set the minimum standard each and every person at WorleyParsons must meet. We therefore select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to OneWay and who demonstrate the expected behaviors, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.
Our goal is to develop and most importantly retain the people who share our vision and strategy. To help us achieve our vision and yours, apply now.