We engineer for lasting impact. |
At WorleyParsons we are creating value all around the world, and our professionals are driving it all with expertise and confidence. When you take your place on our team, you'll discover nearly endless opportunities to develop your career and you'll have the support and encouragement to be at your best.
Visit NA to explore our success, expertise and global reach.
*Looking for local candidates to Atlanta, GA only
You will provide electrical engineering services on large or mega projects to WorleyParsons' and its customers', including technical support and supervision within the electrical engineering team.
- Manage electrical engineering services that meet WorleyParsons', its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Manage electrical engineering project requirements.
- Candidate may be the lead discipline engineer for various small Power related projects
- On larger projects the candidate may lead a team of discipline engineers assigned to the project
- Future growth will give the candidate the opportunity to advance into a discipline focal point within the office
- Manage electrical engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and comply with required checking procedures;
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- provide advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase order preparation.
- Act as the electrical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- ensure the required services meet WorleyParsons, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between WorleyParsons and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in electrical engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the electrical engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the electrical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to WorleyParsons and its clients.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the electrical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and electrical engineering specific software.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in electrical engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- BS degree in Electrical Engineer
- Professional Engineer (PE) status.
- 10 years experience in Fossil Power Generation
- ETAP/SKM experience
- Candidate should possess strong communication, organization and time management skills
- Accustomed to international work is a plus, but not required .
Our goal is to develop and most importantly retain the people who share our vision and strategy. To help us achieve our vision and yours, apply now.