|Job Ref:||204797988||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:02|
Are you an experienced Electrical Systems Lead Engineer? Would you like to be a part of the nation's most complex and high profile maritime projects? |
We are currently supporting our client who have a number of vacancies for Electrical Systems Lead Engineer to work across a number of projects. As one of our electrical engineers, you could get to work on the Type 45 Destroyers, Type 26 Frigates and the Queen Elizabeth Aircraft Carriers.
This role for an Electrical Systems Lead Engineer will be an excellent opportunity for someone to develop into a management position. You will develop and utilise your engineering expertise within a highly skilled team containing subject matter experts in areas such as power and propulsion, combat systems and weapons.
Your main responsibilities as an Electrical Systems Lead Engineer:
* Providing technical leadership in the discipline to meet the needs of Fleet Services internal projects and the customer programmes i.e. in the COMs (Class Output Management programmes)
* Conducting electrical design solutions to agreed time, cost and quality to meet project or business milestones
* Liaising with Customer to ensure tech requirements are fully specified and liaising with relevant design authorities
* Conducting activities including feasibility studies, research, design, development and post design services to meet requirements
* Drafting, vetting and editing technical reports or other documents to ensure that technical findings can be successfully communicated with recipients
* Preparing and submitting technical proposals and tenders as directed by bid manager in order to provide costed proposals for future work
* Ensuring integration with other engineering functions involved with a particular programme of work to ensure all aspects of the electrical system design are considered
* Liaising with MOD establishments, test facilities, sub-contractors and customers as required satisfying the needs of project or the business
* Supervising undergraduates or young persons assigned for training to assist in the development of their knowledge and skills
Your skills and qualifications as an Electrical Systems Lead Engineer will ideally include:
* Degree or equivalent experience in an Electrical Engineering discipline
* Experience in some of the following analysing and solving complex ship engineering design problems: Electrical Engineering applied to a Marine and/or Defence environment, Control systems including IPMS, Requirements Management, Concept Studies, Systems Definition and Systems Design Professionally Registered (CEng) through a professional engineering institution such as the IET and IMarEST
* High Voltage and Low voltage experience (HV and LV)
Security Clearance WILL be required for this role due to the nature of the projects involved.
If interested in the role of Electrical Systems Lead Engineer then please contact Karla Harris-Hignett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on either (Apply online only) (DL) (Apply online only) (Mob) - or send an up-to-date WORD CV to all correspondence and conversations for the role will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency