|Job Ref:||204797977||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Heathrow||Address:||Post Code:||TW6||Salary:||£33458 - £48341/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:02|
Electrical Design Engineer|
£33,458 - £48,341 - Dependent on Skills and Experience
UK Power Networks is a Distribution Network Operator rated in the Sunday Times as one of the Top 25 companies to work for. It has been awarded a Gold Standard in Investors In People and has excellent benefits and a great pension scheme.
Our unregulated business are currently looking for an Electrical Design Engineer at Heathrow Airport to develop designs/estimates for the replacement of the existing distribution network and for the expansion of the distribution network for strategic projects. The successful applicant will also complete LV cable and protection calculations relating to designs. The Designer must have a sound background in HV/LV distribution. They must also be able to demonstrate an ability to analyse complex situations and produce designs, estimates and contingency plans to meet business objectives.
The individual will need to be self-motivated and able to work independently, a good communicator with flexibility and an adaptable approach to problem solving is essential. This must include the development of a strong working relationship with the client
- Liaison - Regular liaison and cooperation with the Operational Teams, Design Manager; Asset Manager and Compliance Engineers, to ensure comprehensive understanding of current and future design/developments.
Undertake additional activities commensurate with their job level and competency
- The use and application of Design Standards.
- The Design of Network changes for Airport projects.
- Apply correct design policy.
- Provide competitive estimates for all works
- Design to exceed Customer expectations.
- Produce work packs for the Operational team describing all facets of project installation.
- Produce work packs for the Operational team satisfying all safety requirements.
- Manage and apply the legal process.
- Interpret and analyse management information and highlight matters requiring the attention of the company's senior management.
- Compliance with the client's and UK Powers Network Services Environmental policies during design
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Health and safety
- Support the Stay Safe programme for UK Power Networks Services. Fulfil legal HSE requirements as detailed under Health & Safety Responsibilities below.
- Will also be expected to understand and be able to operate within CDM standards.
Attend regular meetings with the client which include:
- progress meetings
- performance (programme) meetings if requested
- other client organised meetings
The Designer is accountable to the operational teams for delivery of project work packs.
Attend regular meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
Site Specific Requirements
- Security ID Pass eligibility. Requirement to provide 5 year work record, references and satisfactory Disclosure Scotland checks
- Complete and pass site specific driving test.
- Any other future requirements that the client may impose with respect to working at a site.
- Experience of Hv/ LV designing.
- Must have a sound background in Electrical distribution.
- Visible demonstration of commitment to 'Stay Safe' and knowledge of CDM standards
- Can articulate how this is physically demonstrated.
- Able to effectively communicate positive and negative news at all levels of the business
- Can articulate when praise and bad news is given and how effective.
- Maintains a clear understanding of which elements of the design are critical to its success
- Undertake design reviews, approvals and technical audits of schemes designs.
- Liaise with operational teams to ensure designs are fit for purpose and deliverable on site.
- Act as the technical point of reference for the resolution of technical issues relating to the design and construction of schemes undertaken by the operational team.
- Maintaining an awareness of current industry best practices and be proactive in seeking improved and innovative project solutions.
- Possess an understanding of both construction and future operational requirements of the design proposals to enable project, construction and handover risks to be identified.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and influencing skills, be able to prioritise workload and be able to work to tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Understands the importance of proactively managing change within the design brief
- Processes are in place to monitor, report and manage change effectively
- Influence - is able to influence stakeholder in a proactive and effective manner.
- Motivation - self discipline to deliver work packs in a timely manner.
- Have a broad understanding of site operations and the client's requirements.
- Able to make decision and clearly communicate actions to management.
- Recognised for being able to make clear decisions, quickly and effectively
- Proactively maintains their own competencies and keeping up to date with wider