|Job Ref:||204797958||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:02|
Our Rail Client is currently seeking an Interiors Engineer within Rolling Stock to be based in London.|
You will be responsible for determining the design requirements for carbody, doors, HVAC and other human interface facilities such as cab, toilet, catering, seats, lighting and interior panelling etc. You will be working closely with the suppliers, the procurement teams and factory engineers, supporting the manufacturing and approvals process on schedule, which will require occasional travel overseas.
Where required, supporting the design process/supplier selection process and supporting the CAD drawing/3D modelling (Solidworks, AutoCAD)
Excellent knowledge of systems integration is a requirement as you will need to liaise with other system engineers, mechanical engineers, maintenance, testing and commercial functions.
The requirements for this role are as follows:
* Knowledge of Train configuration, mechanical drawings, control and pneumatic circuits.
* Experience of designing/testing train interior systems.
* Experience of and commitment to the effective implementation of equal opportunities and CSR policies.
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Commitment to working as part of a team
* An understanding of health and safety requirements of a working environment
Licences / Competences / experience
* Chartered Engineer or working towards chartership
* Knowledge of Rolling Stock Approvals (RGS Standards, TSIs, etc)
* Test and Commissioning knowledge
* Commercial experience advantageous
* CAD operations