|Job Ref:||204796912||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Essex||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:02|
Operations Manager required to manage and oversee all aspects of this manufacturing facility incorporating production/manufacturing, supply chain and Quality.|
As an integral part of the senior management team as Operations Manager you will be fully accountable for ensuring on-time production delivery of finished parts, the supply chain process that supports production and ensuring products are produced to the highest quality standards. other aspects of this role will incorporate production planning, OPEX and CAPEX, H&S and maintenance of plant and facilities.
Operations Manager Essential Functions and Duties:
* Provide effective leadership to the Operations Management, engendering a culture of ownership, responsibility and continuous improvement of performance in all areas.
* Achievement of production targets and deadlines.
* Implementation of strategies to continuously review and improve the cost of production.
* Ensure the effective planning and utilisation of production resources.
* To develop a 'Learning Culture' within production focused on the increasing development of individuals and team aligned to business plans and objectives
* Assume responsibility for ensuring compliance to all statutory regulations adopting best practice principles and ongoing review and improvement of Safety performance.
* Ensure effective communication processes are implemented and maintained both internally within production.
* Accountable for Supply Chain and Quality
* Ensure plans targets and objectives are clearly understood, progress monitored and reviewed. A culture of continuous improvement facilitated.
* To ensure that the operational and strategic plans of production are aligned to the plans of the business and that periodic review is in place to assess changing needs.
* Conduct weekly review meetings with Business Financial Controller to update production progress for revenue reporting
* Responsible for the management of Operations ISO procedures / implementation and compliance
* Manage H&S on site ensuring a clean and safe working environment.
Operations Manager Background:
* Ideally qualified to Degree standard coupled with a demonstrable and proven experience in a similar post within a manufacturing/production environment.
* Strong scheduling/planning ability and ideally SAP experience.
* The capability to improve production capacity/capability through lean/continuous improvement methodologies (Kaizen/Six Sigma knowledge is ideal)
* Excellent man management, communication, delegation and negotiation skills.
In return for the above you can as Operations Manager expect a competitive salary/package coupled with the autonomy to make this role your own.
My client is a leader in its field and part of a Global organisation with a proven track record of growth and success.
To understand more or to apply please call Nick Green ((url removed)) on (Apply online only) 0r (Apply online only) for a confidential conversation.
Interview times are available at short notice and it is envisaged this role will be filled quickly.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services. We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively. For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at (url removed)