|Job Ref:||204796484||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Buckinghamshire||Address:||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:02|
Junior Mechanical Design Engineer|
£25,000 - £30,000
Cubiq Recruitment is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a leading business that design & manufacture high tech electro-mechanical devices for the regulated sectors.
You will be responsible for all mechanical design drawings and production documentation for a range of underwater acoustic sensors. The job will involve working with a small design team, to ensure both business targets and project timescales can be achieved. You will be reporting directing to the technical director, with guidance and training from a senior mechanical engineer.
* Creating the mechanical drawings for material parts, assembly jigs, test jigs,
* Creating full production assembly drawing packs for the manufacturing production team.
* Creating individual parts drawings for outsourcing or in-house manufacture
* Degree / HND / in mechanical engineering, product design, or equivalent
* 2+ years commercial experience
* Strong 3D CAD skills (Autodesk Inventor desirable but not essential)
* Previous experience designing precisions components desirable
* Understanding of manufacturing techniques such as milling and turning
* Ability to read technical drawings, understanding part tolerances.
* Ability to document and update any required design changes
* Ability to use Microsoft word and Excel packages
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a stable business offering the chance to work on a varied and interesting product range.
Key word search: mechanical engineer, design engineer, junior mechanical engineer, design engineer, inventor, Autodesk, solidworks, scientific