|Job Ref:||204796323||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Chester||Address:||Post Code:||CH1||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum + Car allowance + Bupa||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:02|
We are working exclusively with our chosen business partner to really bring a talented Quality Manager into this manufacturing company. The company specialises in manufacture of automotive components and supplies and distributes Worldwide.
• Optimise component, work-in-progress and finished parts inventories within the agreed targets.
• Control of budgets in all areas of responsibility.
• Effective production planning ensuring lowest cost strategies are employed to minimise scrap, down time and maximise labour utilisation whilst maintaining customer satisfaction.
• Effective management and development of Sub-ordinates.
• Liaison at customer interface through meetings, off site visits and other forms of communication.
• Devise and implement performance measurable in line with changing business needs.
Monitor and improve stock turns as part of the overall efficiency improvement programme.
• Close liaison with other departments to ensure their needs are identified early and met to fit customer expectations.
Adopt continuous improvement approach in all areas of the business.
Effective and efficient transportation throughout the supply chain through to OEM and other customers.
Implement JIT, FIFO strategies as appropriate within the business and develop new initiatives.
Maintain and improve warehouse exterior storage area and related facilities to comply with Health and Safety and housekeeping requirements.
•Through the local purchasing function with support from European commodity managers, manage purchasing activities (direct and indirect materials, transport and services). This could involve direct negotiation with suppliers, day to day purchasing support, MRP system updating and control of purchase orders / data, Monthly data collection and reporting (to operations, finance or central purchasing / commodity purchasing), Preparation and achievement of annual cost reduction plan, Local supplier identification and audit (audit together with SQA), Involvement in local improvement projects (stock turns, delivery or stocking arrangements, quality improvements, VA/VE activities, local cost reduction activities etc).
• 5 - 10 years experience in a similar role within the Automotive sector.
• Ideally a formal degree qualification or a minimum of HND.
• Experience of working in a high pressure environment