|Job Ref:||204796068||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Devon||City:||Devon||Address:||Post Code:||EX13||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:02|
Our client is a global manufacturer in the field of Optoelectronics. They currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work alongside the Photonics R&D team that designs high performance packaged transmitters, receivers and modules.|
Role & Responsibilities:
* Priming the mechanical design of high performance transmitters receivers and modules for optical transmission systems
* Concept though to manufacture responsible for designing of packaged components.
* Thermal modelling and stress analysis.
* Documentation of designs Using a rage of CAD and PDM tools such as Solidworks and Mentor.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Degree in mechanical engineering/ Physics or relevant discipline.
* 3D Mechanical CAD- Preferably Solidworks.
* Design of high density micro- optical/ Electronic components or products.
* Thermal and stress simulation.
* Design for manufacture
* A minimum of 3 years' experience in a relevant role
* Monday- Friday 37.5hrs
* Excellent holiday package
Suitable candidates should apply immediately by calling our Managing Consultant for this vacancy Alex Stenner on (Apply online only) or by sending your CV directly to him at
As part of our continuing commitment to providing high-quality staff to our clients, Hunter Selection operates a referral bonus scheme that rewards existing candidates that refer new candidates with up to £200 in high street vouchers.
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Hunter Selection is an employment consultancy and currently has permanent vacancies for Engineering and Manufacturing professionals throughout the South West of England and South Wales. If you are looking for work in this area we may be able to assist you. Contact us directly on (Apply online only) and discuss your requirements with one of our dedicated consultants.
OptoElectronics, Photonics, Lasers, Modulators, Detectors, Photonic Integrated Circuits, Mechanical Design, Design Manager, Solidworks, AutoCAD, Inventor, FEA Analysis,
Plymouth, Exeter, Newton Abbott, Okehampton