|Job Ref:||204794942||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Bedfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||SG15||Salary:||£35 - £40/hour Upto £40.00 per hour||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:03|
EExciting 6 Month Contract opportunity for a proven Electrical CAD Engineers with Aerospace, Aeronautical or general engineering degree or equivalent industrial experience and recent experience of working within an aerospace design team environment, producing design schemes, designs, detail drawings and other Production support information, selecting materials and/or bought out items, to challenging schedule and technical targets.|
The successful candidates must come with proven experience using SolidWorks 2015 or later versions, including managing large assemblies, to produce 3D CAD models and detail drawings and will be competent in working with and maintaining the Solidworks CAD system vault.
This role is to develop the detailed wiring diagrams for the Electrical Systems of the air vehicle, and to develop engineering change notes as appropriate.
If you have electrical CAD experience and are keen to join an exceptional aerospace company looking to break new ground with their innovative aircraft then please apply.
The successful candidate will be accountable for:
• Developing detailed electrical routing diagrams from schematic drawings.
• Identifying and selecting connector and cable types/sizes.
• Maintaining and developing product database.
• Working with the team in taking the conceptual design of the electrical power system (both AC and DC elements) from generator to all end user elements of the air vehicle.
• Involvement with system bench tests and vehicle ground testing.
Working to ensure design work is completed in line with applicable legislative standards. The following key skills and knowledge are required:
• Hold an Aerospace, Aeronautical or general engineering degree or equivalent industry experience.
• Sound understanding of one or more of the following systems: Electrical power, electrical distribution, electrical conditioning, large civil certificated air vehicle avionics.
• Familiar with MS Office, recent use of AutoCAD for electrical design work.
• A conscientious and pro-active individual with a strong work ethic and willingness to work flexibly in line with business requirements.
• Experience of working to CAA/EASA/FAA Certification procedures is desirable.
• A self-starting and self-reliant detail designer with a pedigree of delivering quality design solutions across a wide range of subject areas with a specific focus on large complex structures and systems in a one off or very low rate environment