|Job Ref:||204794364||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Thames Ditton||Address:||Post Code:||KT7||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum health, 25days, pension||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:03|
Mechanical Design Engineer with a minimum 3yrs commercial experience using a mainstream 3D CAD package. The Mechanical Engineer will need a good handle on the practical side of engineering. With an ability to see how A might fit into B - a thinker not just a draftsman!|
Client is expanding but the Mechanical Design Engineer will remain in a small design team. The client specialise in providing bespoke electro-mechanical instrumentation to industry globally. This makes the role creative and all projects different. As such, the role offers lots of refreshing challenges and not just repeat business.
* 1st or 2.i degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Min 3yrs commercial experience
* Experience with a 3D CAD package (e.g. Solidworks, Inventor..)
* Prototype / NPI experience
* Practical engineering knowledge
* Packaging / sheet metal experience
* Strong documentation and good eye for detail
* Designing from concept through to manufacturing
* Designing and drawing for electro-mechanical devices
* Support shop floor through manufacture
* Testing of new products
* Liaise with a range of departments in the design process
* Liaise with suppliers and end customers with occasional travel required
The mechanical design engineer will need to bring in examples of their 3D CAD work to demonstrate skills. Looking for someone not afraid to ask questions and have a background in assembly and manufacturing. If the Mechanical Design engineer has an appreciation of electronics and electrical schematic capture this would be useful but not essential.
Open office, very friendly and relaxed environment. This is a one stop shop so all manufacturing on site. Which will give the Mechanical Engineer an excellent full 360 view of lifecycle of the product.
Good benefits including pension, healthcare, 25 days holiday.
Must have a UK driving licence and due to security clearance will need to be a UK national.
Key words: solidworks, electronics, electrical, mechanical, design, 3D, analysis, electro-mechanical, FEA