|Job Ref:||204797537||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Essex||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:03|
Senior Engineer / Head of manufacturing required to be accountable for the ongoing engineering work-flow / staff / resource management to meet internal and external customer requests in order to support core products consisting of Point Operating Equipment, Level Crossing Barrier Machines, Detection Systems and other associated rail projects and deliverables.|
As Senior Engineer / head of Manufacturing you will:
* Plan / implement engineering resource to ensure delivery targets are meet whilst delivering representation and visibility of the brand via on site attendance, marketing and communications whilst maintaining quality, productivity, safety and accuracy.
* Lead the Rail Systems engineering team in alignment with the corporate global engineering policies ensuring associated regional customer mandatory standards are meet at all times for engineering within products.
* Lead the development and implementation of work-flow ensuring that internal global resources and UK external support organisations are aligned to deliver works to project time-frames.
* Ensure that Customer, Legislative, Supplier and internal CAR impacts are monitored and planned programmes of update are in place for associated systems and drawings is available at all times.
* Ensure that Supply chain are supported with relevant live access to all procurement drawings, material specifications and engineering reports at all times.
* Lead product engineering to ensure that detailed mechanical designs / layouts using 3D (Solidworks) computer are available via modelling skills to international standards ensuring that Statistical analyses, mathematical modelling, testing and data analysis.
* Support bid evaluations including calculations to support economic evaluations
* Preparation of reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
* Ensure that ISO requirements via procedures and meet are continually improved
* Ensure Engineering Development Cells are maintained in good order, clean tidy and controlled (R&D stock etc)
* Lead technical, customer and team meetings to resolve issues, produce minutes / reports to close all actions and record
* Lead and implement CSM RA as a requirement and experience of safety assessment
* Compile and record for submission all costs for R&D expenditure.
* Safety critical position with responsibility of ownership of design authority
As Senior Engineer / Head of Manufacturing you will:
* Hold "Chartered Engineer" status with extensive experience gained within Rail.
* Have experience of SolidWorks coupled with stress analysis knowledge to a high level.
* Possess strong management and organizational skills coupled with a high attention to detail.
* Possess excellent communication skills (written AND verbal).
Additionally, an understanding of project management is deemed very useful as is exposure to R&D Tax Credit Schemes, PTS and being LUL Track accustomed.
In return for the above you will be working with a highly skilled and dedicated management team working for a Global, market leading organisation who is experiencing continuous growth within the rail industry.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with a senior role and you will be given a high level of autonomy to make your mark and really influence the business moving forward.
Interviews will be arranged quickly and it is envisioned that this role will be filled quickly, such is the reputation of my client.
For more information or to apply please call Nick Green ((url removed)) on (Apply online only) or (Apply online only) for a confidential conversation.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services. We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively. For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at (url removed)