|Job Ref:||204797507||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Staffordshire||City:||Stafford||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:03|
A Development Engineer position has become available to join one of the world's leading manufacturer of off-highway machinery and diesel/natural gas engines. The brand is recognised worldwide and is synonymous with quality and reliability.|
Based within the Product Engineering Development department at the Stafford facility, this contract vacancy is initially a 12 month contract. The successful applicant will be responsible for planning and delivering engineering activity as part of the 4000 Series diesel product development activity.
* Mechanical verification and validation of engine components and systems
* Defining and managing component validation plans
* Coordination of day-to-day engineering activity and management of test and analysis activity
* Failure analysis and defect resolution using industry-standard methods
* Conducting all work to operating procedures and local work methods in order to meet compliance with quality standards.
* Support to the design function is required through FMEA attendance and component APQP reviews.
* The role will require collaboration with all platform teams based at the Stafford facility.
* Working closely with global Caterpillar facilities.
* Occasional overseas travel will be necessary as required by business needs
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Engineering Degree or other equivalent qualification/experience
* PC literacy, excellent use of all MS Office components
* Proficiency in Microsoft Project
* Experienced in analysing complex engine test data
* High standard of written technical reporting
* Diesel engine P & E with fuel and control systems development experience
* Working knowledge of heavy duty industrial diesel engines
* Planning, conducting and reporting on engine based noise and vibration testing.
* Knowledge of emissions measurement techniques, worldwide emission regulations and emissions measurement hardware.
* Knowledge of turbocharger matching, fuel system optimisation and control system development.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. If you have any questions on this Development Engineer position, please contact or call (Apply online only)
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business