|Job Ref:||204797493||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||West Sussex||City:||Lancing||Address:||Post Code:||BN15||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:03|
My client requires a time served Fitter / Machinist who can carry out close tolerance fitting from engineering drawings and also work on CNC machines when required.|
PURPOSE OF JOB
Working to Engineering drawings, specifications, work instructions along with extensive engineering knowledge the job holder will be capable of manufacturing all assemblies/ accessories to a high standard in a timely manner.
The job holder will be expected to participate in other activities inline with company initiatives:
From time to time the job holder may be requested to assist other production departments including assembly, service and work on customer property.
Assist development department in the design / manufacture of prototype units.
(1) Use both manual milling & turning machines to manufacturing / modify components to tight drawing tolerances for subsequent assembly.
(2) Using a variety of inspection / test equipment to validate components / assemblies.
(3) Assemble components / sub -assemblies to drawing / specifications This will include special processes and functional testing in accordance with the relevant Production Test Specification.
(4) Carry out Final Mechanical Inspection & approval sign off prior to packing, in accordance with the relevant Production Test Specifications and Packaging specifications
(5) Work as part of the manufacturing team offering technical expertise and training as required.
(6) Adhere to all company procedures
(1) Skilled machinist capable of machining tightly tolerance components to drawing including precision match fits.
(2) Good broad based engineering experience with an eye for quality
(3) A good communicator, the job involves day to day communication across the all departments within the company.
(4) Good dexterity along with good fitness ( a high proportion of the job involves standing )
(5) Capable of working as part of a team as well as working as a self- motivated individual using his /hers own initiative.
(6) Capable of learning new techniques including CNC Machining
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND (1) A minimum of 3 years' experience post Apprenticeship within a machine shop / toolroom environment, or 6 years relevant experience in similar role.
(2) CNC Experience would be preferable including CAM system programming of piece parts right through to setting and operating the CNC machine tool/s