|Job Ref:||204797349||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Salary:||£32000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:03|
Team Leader Maintenance Engineer |
Food & FMCG
Days Role 8.30am- 4.30pm
I am currently recruiting for a Team Leader, Maintenance Engineer for a well respected food manufacturing businesses. The successful candidate would provide a pro-active approach to the prevention of equipment failure and ensuring the schedule PM is carried out as planned ensuring quality, waste and efficiency targets are met by working as an integral part of the manufacturing team.
* Carry out work assignments issued by Manager and maximise effectiveness of the shift at all times by ensuring efficient completion of tasks.
* Demonstrate a team approach with regard to maintenance and hygiene of equipment and support (teams of) operators.
* Ensure that all Work Orders, PM's issued to the shift are completed.
* Work with other functions as part of the manufacturing team to ensure efficient running of the equipment and carry out prioritised work as agreed.
* Compliance with Company policies, procedures and regulations (e.g. attendance, quality, safety, GMP's, etc.) and ensure these are followed to maintain the required standards (e.g. Food Safety, PPE etc.).
* Resolve mechanical and/or electrical problems in a timely fashion.
* Order spare parts as required on shift if unavailable from stock and contact contractors/suppliers as required in order to resolve problems on shift.
* Provide the Lead Engineer with information on all engineering downtime attended on shift,, related quality issue, work orders completed, PM's completed and other details as required.
* Reports to the engineering manager. Make decisions which can effect safety/safe operation of equipment in conjunction with Shift supervisors/hygiene/operators.
* Liaise with management and the maintenance team
* May have to work in warm, humid, cold or wet environments for short periods of time.
* May have to work exposed to weather occasionally using suitable protective equipment/PPE.
* Occasionally may have to work in confined spaces ensuring permit procedures are adhered to.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
* Previous food processing industry experience highly desirable
* Electrical bias preferred, mechanical qualifications/time served apprenticeship.
* 2 Years' experience of working in an automated production environment
* Team Lead experience or Senior engineer
* Basic Food Hygiene
* Basic Health & Safety
* Computer literate. (word/excel/windows based packages)
* Desirable skills :- PLC, pneumatics, hydraulics, temperature control ,instrumentation, welding,
* Days 8am - 4.30pm
Professional Technical is a specialist recruitment consultancy supporting the engineering recruitment market, developing recruitment partnerships with engineering businesses on a national scale. Professional Technical supply the engineering and technical talent so that our clients can focus on the core elements of engineering. Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy