|Job Ref:||204793763||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bedford||Address:||Post Code:||MK40||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:04|
Assystem are recruiting on behalf of a major vehicle OEM based in Bedfordshire. If you are a methodical and analytical vehicle technician, educated to at least HNC level within an automotive or mechanical engineering discipline, I'd like to hear from you.|
You should have a methodical approach to problem solving with patience and tenacity, and should display a keen attention to detail. You should be presentable (uniform provided), a good communicator, a team player but also able to demonstrate initiative and self-motivation. Punctuality, reliability, honestest, and a desire to achieve the full potential of your skills and experience are essential to succeed within this team environment. Overtime may be required, occasionally at short notice and over a weekend.
This contract role involves preparing and testing vehicle chassis systems. You will be responsible for testing by Torque/Angle Tightening Tests and Dynamic Loading Tests. Upon completion of testing you will need to evaluate and identify any concerns, recording them accurately and presenting the findings accordingly.
Ideally, you will already have the following experience:
* Vehicle building skills and a good understanding or how vehicles work
* Understanding technical installation drawings
* The ability to fabricate or rework parts and rigs for testing
* Use of XY plotters, strain gauges, transducer amplifiers, load cells, and displacement transducers
* Software programming
* Pneumatic and hydraulic control systems
* The ability to write reports and to communicate both objective and subjective results to design and test engineers
Basic Computer Literacy Required with the following applications:
* MS Excel (Producing results tables & graphs)
* MS Word (Report writing)
* MS PowerPoint (Presentations)
This role is based in a clean research and development environment, within a purpose built test environment. No tools required and a uniform is also supplied.
The contract is initially through to August 2017, however will be renewed on an ongoing basis, subject to individual performance.
Ideally ONC / HNC in Mechanical or Automotive engineering with a recognised apprenticeship, or similar