|Job Ref:||204793651||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Swindon||Address:||Post Code:||DY3||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:04|
Mechanical Design Engineer - Swindon|
Reporting to the Senior Electromechanical Engineer, you are a member of the Engineering Development Team with personal responsibility for the development of electromechanical solutions for brushless dc motors, motorised impellers and their applications that meet the demands of the business.
To understand project technical requirements in conjunction with both our internal and external customers, to undertake the detailed design activities required to translate these in to cost effective products and to ensure that robust, reliable technical solutions are implemented and demonstrated as fit for purpose in a design-for-manufacture environment.
1. To take a technical lead and work within the technical teams to develop electromechanical solutions by performing relevant calculations, associated simulations and tests to deliver robust, innovative designs.
2. To take a technical lead and work collaboratively with the technical teams to develop aeromechanical solutions with sound theoretical basis and practical implementation.
3. To carry out 2D and 3D design activities, selecting appropriate materials and manufacturing processes.
4. To use your skills to maintain design responsibility and accountability with clear, concise and accurate documentation for solutions, communicating necessary theoretical principles to technical staff.
5. To understand product performance principles, identifying key specification issues and performance criteria in order to develop, demonstrate and carry out robust product functionality tests.
6. To assist the business with identifying existing product or application issues and then delivering robust, proven solutions.
Skills & Knowledge
1. Minimum 2:1 relevant Honours Degree qualification or equivalent
2. 2D and 3D CAD tool operation with experience of related rapid prototype activities.
3. Principles of some or all of the following: Fluid mechanics, rotational dynamics, vibration, acoustic noise, material selection, sheet metalwork, castings and plastic mouldings in a product design environment.
4. Organised, practical, confident, self-motivated and capable of multi-tasking.
Keywords: Mechanical Design Engineer, Electro-Mechanical, rotational dynamics, Rotating machinery, Swindon, South West, UK