|Job Ref:||204793650||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:04|
Brief Description of Duties|
The role involves picking kits for assembly and identifying build needs and maintaining stock integrity. The ideal candidate shall possess good skills such as dexterity, speed and accuracy. These combined with an attention for detail.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out the following duties:
• Assemble parts from MSC into kits for matrix build.
• Operate equipment in the tube manipulation area.
• Check documentation, record batch numbers and relevant information.
• Visually check parts for any defects.
• Inform Team Leader/MSE of any major problems with tooling whilst in use.
• Stamp route cards and conform to all quality specifications.
• Work & adhere to production schedules, efficiently and in a timely manner.
• Work effectively on her/his own, and as a team player at all times.
• Take part in Continuous improvement events.
• Use of SAP to view MRP/planning messages, raising and maintaining Work Orders, interrogating stock screens.
• Pick and kit all required components to support matrix assembly schedules.
• Identify shortages and communicate them using system tools and verbal communication to team leader.
• Perform stock checks and/or traceability audits to maintain accurate stock records, ensuring any required adjustments are communicated to finance for adjustment/correction.
• Performing regular reviews of Kanban and kit boxes to ensure the correct quantity of boxes remain in circulation and that they are labelled correctly.
General Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• The ideal candidate should have the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
• They should have good communication and organisational skills and possess time management skills.
• You need to be a flexible individual who can work a variety of shift patterns and unsociable hours including weekends as and when required.
• It is desirable for the successful candidate to have an NVQ level 2 in Engineering Technical Support or equivalent; however, applicants are encouraged to apply who do not hold this qualification as such training will be provided.
• Please note on-the-job training will be provided to all individuals interested in applying for these roles