|Job Ref:||204793616||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Port Talbot||Address:||Post Code:||SA12||Salary:||£12.53 - £16.29/hour||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:04|
Electrical Craft Team Members (Days & Shifts) |
- Location: Port Talbot
- Salary Range: Day Rate: £12.53ph
- Shift Rate: £16.29ph
Tata Steel is one of the world's top ten steel producers. The combined group has an aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 28 million ton and approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. Were part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Tata Steel, Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
We are currently looking to recruitment an Electrical Craft Team Members for our Port Talbot in South Wales.
Within these roles, you will perform preventative maintenance and inspection work and provide expertise and resource to identify and rectify faults in complex systems to ensure manufacturing continuity. The Electrical Craft Team Member position exists to provide specialist electrical engineering support as required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all activity is undertaken within Health, Safety and Environmental requirements and in compliance with company and legislative requirements. You will work as part of a team to ensure manufacturing performance on an on-going basis and to support manufacturing development plans, identifying opportunities for improvement.
Experience in working in an Industrial / Heavy Industry environment
• Provide engineering expertise and advise in order to diagnose and correct complex faults in the manufacturing process equipment.
• Ensure that Electrical maintenance work undertaken is completed to time and to appropriate safety and Engineering standards.
• Develop expertise and keep up to date in maintenance techniques and equipment development applicable to a heavy manufacturing environment by self-study and attendance on appropriate courses.
• Provide comprehensive reports on breakdowns, repairs and related engineering activities where appropriate recommending improvements to equipment or systems.
• Undertake training as required for new specialists, other engineering grades, and manufacturing teams.
• Supervise Tata or contract personnel and where necessary issue certificates of isolation as part of the safe system of work.
• Where necessary to provide cover for shift specialists.
Ideally applicants will have served a craft apprenticeship in electrical / process control engineering or hold a Modern Apprenticeship certificate