|Job Ref:||204793159||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£50000 - £53000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:04|
Job Title: Test and Commissioning Planning Engineer|
Job Location: Central London + travel to facilities in UK and abroad
Start Date: ASAP
Shifts: Days, Nights and Weekends
Our client is a world renowned manufacturer of railway vehicles. Their world class operations include design, manufacture and continued maintenance of a variety of rail and light rail vehicles.
As the Test and Commissioning Planning Engineer, you will be responsible for the testing and commissioning of new rolling stock.
* Carry out testing and commissioning duties on new rolling stock
* Ensure the site, materials and equipment are maintained
* Installation, maintenance and fault rectification of test equipment
* Understanding of test specifications, methods statements, drawings/designs and maintenance specs
* Adhere to strict health and safety, environmental and quality practises
* Take part in planned and unplanned maintenance activities
* Carry out work on various rolling stock components including traction systems
* Identify, assess and rectify defects and discrepancies on the rolling stock
* Maintain good working relationships with internal and external groups
* Feedback any issues internally and resolve these issues where possible
* Work closely with maintenance engineers to identify issues within the test program that could impact the maintenance of the new trains
* Comply with operational specifications by using engineering processes and techniques
* Travel to test facilities in the UK and Europe
* HNC or apprentice trained with mechanical and electrical disciplines
* Engineering based NVQ level 3
* Relevant rolling stock experience
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Able to work as part of a team
* Able to work varying shift patterns and to travel when required
Phone: (Apply online only)
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUGS AND ALCOHOL TEST BEFORE BEING OFFERED A POSITION.
Please note due to the volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position. However, we may retain your details and contact you in the future should suitable positions arise.
Please note the above job specification could be subject to change as agreed with our client