|Job Ref:||204792671||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum Package||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:04|
Manage the Area Team's environmental assessment requirements and deliverables, working in close association with the rest of the Area Team |
* As part of the Area Team, provide client advice to develop environmental design solutions and ensure that environmental sustainability issues continue to be embedded as an integral part of the project design in accordance with the Sustainability Policy and Sustainability Approach Document.
* Work collaboratively with other technical specialists including engineers, construction experts, architects, property advisors, environmental and sustainability specialists to achieve high quality integrated designs and develop appropriate and cost balanced mitigation strategies and solutions.
* Ensure requirements for environmental consultants are developed in a timely manner, working collaboratively with the Client and Project Integration team.
* Support the management of consultants appointed to undertake area environmental assessment (including transport and equalities impact assessment) and design in order to input on the environmental and sustainability aspects and ensure compliance.
* Review and critically appraise all area environmental deliverables produced by consultants to ensure compliance with the organisation's technical and sponsor requirements, environmental commitments, environmental law and regulation (including parliamentary requirements) to enable them to be confidently defended before Select Committee.
* Support area technical stakeholder engagement (working closely with the Central Environment Team and Stakeholder Team) via various different forums to obtain information to inform the development of the area (and, where necessary, route-wide) assessment and design and to ensure the stakeholder's environmental and sustainability requirements are understood and managed so as to minimise petition risk and to support the development of a world class railway.
* Working closely with the Area Senior Environment Manager, manage area environmental support to the hybrid Bill team and preparation of petition responses and reports to Select Committee.
* Working closely with the Area Senior Environment Manager, manage the response to general internal and external enquiries (including FOI, EIR and PQ requests) on area environmental (including EIA, TA and EqIA) matters to ensure timely, consistent, robust and assured responses.
* Support the Area Senior Environment Manager on internal and external reporting of environmental matters.
* Ensure full audit trail of key decisions and compliant data management to enable effective petition management, efficient handling of enquiries (including FOI and EIR) and to ensure that statutory requirements are met.
3. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a relevant environmental/ built environmental discipline.
* Membership of a relevant environmental/ built environmental organisation is desirable.
* Experience of managing environmental assessment (EIA) and design on large or complex infrastructure/ engineering projects.
* Proven knowledge of EU and UK environment legislation and current best practice guidance.
* Proven ability to manage individuals, consultants and to work across multidisciplinary teams.
* Strong numeracy, written and verbal communication skills and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss environmental issues to a range of stakeholders.
* Strong IT skills and proven working ability to use Office based software, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, coupled with an aptitude towards learning and utilising new software in the office environment (training will be provided in the use of the internal document management systems). A good understanding of GIS, SharePoint and eB is also desirable.
* Experience of preparing/ reviewing material for and attending public consultations.
* Experience of working under extremely tight deadlines and in a constantly changing project environment