|Job Ref:||204792470||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Norfolk||City:||King's Lynn||Address:||Salary:||£8.00 - £9.50/hour + pension||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:04|
Metal Cutter |
A family owned and operated company with over 30 years in the light engineering sector are looking for a Metal Fabricator to cut and shape steel ruler sized blades to insert into specific products.
You would use a mixture of hand tools and a cutting machine to craft the steel into the correct lengths and shapes ready to insert into pre-cut slots. You would need to have basic computer skills to open design files sent to you to then input into a system to cut the metal to the correct lengths.
This would suit someone who likes to take a pride in their work as this is a precision led process and has good manual hands on skills from working with metal such as engineering, fitting and fabrication sectors.
This is a permanent position as the company are looking for a new employee to be part of their company long term.
As a Metal Cutter / Light Engineer your duties would include:
* Operating the basic computer system to open files and input information into the metal cutting machine.
* Using the hand tools to bend and shape the metal to fit pre-cut slots.
* Physically moving the reels of metal blades and wooden boards around the working area.
* Having an interest to learn the other areas of the business to cover as required.
The Ideal Metal Cutter Fabricator / Light Engineer would be:
* Experienced in working with metal in the Fabrication, engineering or fitting sector.
* Enthusiastic to work with their hands using hand tools to cut and shape sharp metal strips and personal pride to produce high-quality work.
* Physically able to move metal reels and boards around the work area.
* Computer literate to be able to receive files and input sizes into a machine to cut metal strips.
* Flexible to be able to adapt to changing deadlines as there are quick turnaround times for urgent orders.
* Motivated to learn other skills within the company after learning the metal cutting process to help out in other areas as required.
Metal Cutter / Light Engineering
In return, you would receive an hourly rate of between £8 and £9.50 per hour dependant on skills and experience. Overtime is often needed to complete orders which is time and a half between 6am and 6pm and up to 12 on a Saturday with hours outside of these paid at double time. Initially, your working day would be 8am until 4pm while learning the role but would then change to either 6am to 2pm or 10am till 6pm. The working week is Monday to Friday with occasional Saturdays. There is a company pension scheme in place and you would receive 32 days holiday including bank holidays