|Job Ref:||204795612||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Chippenham||Address:||Post Code:||SN15||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum See Below||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:04|
Fleet Maintenance Controllers (283jc) - Chippenham, Wiltshire - See Below|
My client, who is a global vehicle fleet management company are now seeking additional Vehicle Technicians to join their expanding and developing team in Chippenham.
They have gone through a period of restructuring and are now best placed to expand their client base in the next 2-3 years, and have been named as one of the "Top 100 Best Places to Work" for 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Their Mission Statement, which is to provide the industry's best automotive related services by training, empowering, and rewarding exceptional people; by earning the loyalty and exceeding the expectations of each and every customer; and by giving back to the communities that support our success.
Using existing skills in relation to car, light and/or heavy commercial vehicle mechanics, you will liaise with the garage networks to diagnose faults, source replacement parts and agree final repairs in line with customer parameters in an office based environment via the telephone or web based system.
You must have completed a related qualification in car/LCV or HGV automotive vehicle maintenance and repair or have hands-on workshop experience.
You will be reporting to the Maintenance Team Manager, working in a team of about 18 and your key responsibilities and accountabilities will be as follows:
• Confer with the supply networks and customers to authorise repairs to customer vehicles, giving expect opinion on cost, fix and solutions
• Maintain an awareness of customer specific parameters
• Manage all aspects of cost control of each job
• Manage all aspects of clients vehicle down time
• Source non original-equipment parts for cost effectiveness if necessary
• Keep accurate and comprehensive notes
• Gather evidence, validate information; challenging if appropriate
• Support customer service areas of the call centre as required
• Ad hoc tasks as required by the business
To be eligible for this role, you will need to have the following:
Motivation and Experience
• Mechanical qualifications such as City & Guilds or equivalent desirable
• Demonstrable, detailed mechanical knowledge of vehicles is essential with experience in workshop environment or similar
• Must be adept in the use of a PC, internet and email and able to grasp new software applications easily and quickly. Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook to an intermediate level
• Must be numerate and literate
• Is prepared to go the 'extra mile' in order to achieve excellent end results
• A positive attitude and approach to dealing with customers
• Excellent questioning and listening skills with an ability to assimilate accurate information
• Able to instantly build and maintain rapport with a range of people
Organisation and Planning
• A proactive and dynamic attitude to problem solving
• Ability to multi task with consistency and accuracy
• Can prioritise and re-plan in a methodical manner
• Proactive and committed to finding a solution, with ability to use initiative and common sense
Flexibility and Resilience
• Able to think clearly under pressure and deliver requirements to a consistently high standard
• Able to self-motivate and keep positive in challenging situations
• Enjoys working to targets, striving for results within strict deadlines
• Reliable, consistent and tenacious
• Professional and calm demeanour
• Inspires confidence by sharing knowledge and experience
• A natural propensity to volunteer to help others to ensure the successful conclusion of tasks
Depending on the particular role, for LCV technicians your salary will be £24,000 and for HGV your salary will be £25,500 and you will be working 41.5 hrs per week, working to a regular shift pattern to include a maximum of 2 out of 4 Saturday mornings. Shifts operate between the hours of 7am & 7pm Monday to Friday, and 7am & 1pm on Saturdays. On top of that a comprehensive benefits package which includes 28 days (including Bank Holidays), as well as other company rewards which includes Group Personal Pension plan, Death in Service, Critical illness insurance cover, career development plus many more. There is also an additional benefit where you could possibly gain up to £120 pm month in shopping vouchers which are tax free, should you meet or exceed your monthly KPI's.
Please note that this is a desk bound role, you be acting as a lynch pin between the repair garages and the clients to keep the cost of vehicle repairs down and to minimise the amount of time vehicles are spending at the repair centres.
The ideal individual, would be someone who has a lot of hands on knowledge or experience and who is looking to get away from the tools for whatever reason and looking to get a better work live balance.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on (Apply online only) option 1.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY