|Job Ref:||204795477||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Blackpool||Address:||Post Code:||FY3||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:04|
Are you a Consultant Engineer Electrical Power who has the drive to be part of the nation's most complex and high profile maritime projects? Would you like to play a key role in providing technical direction to the design of power systems on the Successor class submarines, which will replace the current Trident-equipped Vanguard class, currently in service with the Royal Navy? You will be working closely with the client, industrial partners and suppliers within the Secondary Propulsion team on the Successor Class submarine programme. You will be leading and supporting the technical development of a design solution that will enable other engineers to work to an acceptable standard on any other platform. We are currently seeking a Consultant Engineer Electrical Power to join them at their site in Cumbria. |
We are looking for a Consultant Engineer Electrical Power to join the Electrical Power team, acting as the technical lead for power and propulsion systems design.
Your main responsibilities as a Consultant Engineer Electrical Power will involve:
* Acting as Technical Authority for power systems and propulsion, acting in an advisory capacity to both engineering teams, and the customer
* Providing input to, and chairing design reviews to discuss system integration, maintaining collaboration across the engineering function
* Reviewing and evaluating power systems design at a 'whole-boat' level, and drawing upon your technical expertise to lead groups of highly skilled engineers to reach collaborative design conclusions
* Influencing senior management by understanding systems and project risks and needs
* Capturing and influencing design requirements to meet customer, business, and programme demands
* Ensuring Power department remains on track to deliver technically, and ultimately ensuring the submarine design enables it to perform the functions it is required to, such as diving and surfacing, and performing capably in required environments
As a Consultant Engineer Electrical Power - your skills and qualifications must include:
* Degree (or equivalent level) qualification in Electrical Power Engineering or related field
* Extensive experience of electrical power system design
* Previous experience providing technical advice on a consultancy basis
* Applied knowledge of modelling
* Able to achieve recognised status such as Fellow of the IET (FIET)
What we"re looking for in you:
* We are looking for you to be a resilient decision maker, and able to collaborate effectively with other engineering teams to resolve issues. You must be a confident, independent thinker, able to influence others in a technical sense.
Security Clearance WILL be required for this role due to the nature of the projects involved.
If interested in the role of Consultant Engineer Electrical Power then please contact Karla Harris-Hignett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on either (Apply online only) (DL) (Apply online only) (Mob) - or send an up-to-date WORD CV to all correspondence and conversations for the role will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency