|Job Ref:||204795328||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Middlesbrough||Address:||Post Code:||TS3||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:05|
UK Maintenance/Reliability Manager--- Top tier COMAH Chemical Manufacturer--- Permanent--- Middlesbrough --- Salary negotiable |
PURPOSE OF JOB
Provide support to UK Operations in line with production demands and business goals by delivering an effective and efficient service across all areas related to Maintenance, Reliability & Mechanical Engineering.
Ensure compliance with UK, Corporate and Legislative standards (top tier COMAH sites).
Implement and deliver the benefits of an effective Maintenance and Reliability strategy to Continuously Improve functional performance aligned to Operational Excellence and Business Goals.
Site based in Middlesbrough with functional oversight and leadership of the companies two other UK sites.
SUMMARY OF MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
1. To ensure that activities carried out within area of responsibility are in accordance with Control of Major Accident Hazards and other statutory and regulatory requirements and with company health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
To include the following:
a. To ensure that employees and contractors within area of responsibility are adequately trained, equipped, instructed and supervised.
b. To ensure that employees and contractors within area of responsibility are aware of, and carry out their responsibilities in all aspects of health, safety and the environment - including removal and prevention of unsafe acts and conditions.
c. To identify risks/hazards in the working areas via scheduled inspections and to ensure corrective actions are taken.
d. To monitor compliance of employees within area of responsibility with HSE policies and procedures and take action to correct any deficiencies.
2. To ensure that all assets have suitable care programmes and effective routine maintenance plans set up in accordance with regulatory requirements and best practice - including site utilities and services to ensure the efficient use of energy.
3. To ensure that an appropriate spares strategy is in place and maintained.
4. To ensure that all necessary inspection records, drawings, etc. are maintained up to date.
5. To implement, report on and drive improvements to appropriate KPI's to enhance functional performance.
6. To manage capital projects and associated budgets and deliver on time in full. Oversee similar work undertaken by other personnel.
7. To proactively identify Continuous Improvement opportunities to enhance business performance.
8. To provide specialist support as necessary to assist in the safe and efficient operation of the production units to ensure production plans are met.
9. To be the go to functional expert for all Maintenance, Reliability and Mechanical issues.
10. Maintain and communicate knowledge of best practice, new regulations and standards to ensure UK Operations meets regulatory requirements.
11. Review and approve placement of contracts, initiating/managing negotiation of contracts for services required to support UK Operations.
12. Responsible for the development of the Maintenance function's annual budgets and for the monitoring and control of maintenance expenditure by ensuring efficient work management and cost control/cost reporting by the Maintenance department.
13. Approve, initiate development, audit and monitor departmental procedures and work methods to ensure consistent controlled productive application.
14. To undertake other duties as may be required with the competence of the job holder.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
A Chartered Engineer with a Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline, coupled with a minimum of 10 years' experience in Maintenance/Reliability and Projects within Chemical/Petrochemical environment
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Wide knowledge of engineering practice and chemical plant maintenance
• Management of multi-disciplined departments in maintenance and project activities
• Contractual administration and financial/budgetary control and management
• Communication with Local Authorities, Health and Safety Executive, Contracts and Consultants