|Job Ref:||204793500||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Tipton||Address:||Post Code:||DY4||Salary:||£51418/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:05|
An exciting opportunity for a Primary Systems Design Engineer has arisen, to join a leading & National Electricity Distribution Operator at their Tipton office.|
You will as part of a specialist design team provide technical support to Network Services on the system design of the EHV distribution network. In return you will receive ongoing training and development, a competitive starting salary with annual increases and a host of personal company benefits such as increased holiday entitlement (25 days plus bank holidays) free parking and a generous pension.
Our Clients electricity network covers some of the most beautiful and diverse terrain in the UK (rural and urban). As a company they recognise the responsibility to operate in a way that minimises the impact on the environment and strive for new innovations and technologies to facilitate a sustainable low carbon future.
As a Primary Systems Design Engineer you will be joining an established group of specialised design engineers who are responsible for the initial stages of the design for new load connections on the EHV network.
A Primary System Design Engineer will be responsible for:
* Assessments and design for new load connections and generator connections
* Assessment of EHV network for compliance with the distribution licence
* Provision of Connection Offers
* Design of protection schemes and provision of protection settings & configuration files.
Whilst being responsible for the analysis, extension and development of 33KV, 66KV and 132KV networks within the East Midlands a Primary Systems Design Engineer will also carry out both steady state and transient network analysis, analyse reinforcement plans as well as manage projects simultaneously.
To be successful in securing the role of Primary Systems Design Engineer you will:
* Have a clear knowledge of the issues and principles associated with the EHV Network design and protection philosophy
* Have familiarity with network analysis tools including; IPSA, PSSE, DigSilent PowerFactory, for example.
* You will have also worked for a DNO , IDNO or consultancy as an Electrical Engineer, Project Engineer or Design Engineer
In return for being a Primary Systems Design Engineer you will receive a salary of around £51,418 per annum