|Job Ref:||204793344||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Yorkshire||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 04:05|
Cubed Resourcing have been exclusively instructed to recruit for an exciting new role of Engineering Manager within this privately owned, market leading manufacturing business. The role of Engineering Manager is pivotal to the ambitious growth and investment plans the business has, and the successful candidate will manage significant, site wide capex and improvement projects. |
This is genuinely one of those 'stand out` opportunities that will provide the successful candidate with the investment, support and autonomy to grow and develop their own team whilst working with the latest automation and robotics within an expanding site.
The Engineering Manager is to be instrumental in the building and leading of the Engineering Department, building a loyal, committed and skilled Engineering team that is focused on supporting production efficiency and production quality through raising and monitoring plant availability.
We`re looking to speak to both experienced Engineering Managers or those in a senior Engineering role ready for that next step up in management. The most important factor is your genuine passion for engineering, machinery, automation and robotics.
You`ll be responsible for:
- Overseeing a team of shift based engineers.
- Ensuring PLC programs are written to optimise performance and reliability standards and making program changes to improve plant / machine efficiencies
- Co-ordination and management of capex and revenue funded projects.
- Planning and supervision of the installation, testing, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Creation and support of a planned preventative maintenance program.
- To monitor and implement cost and usage reduction measures for all utilities on site.
- Succession Planning and development of staff
- Advising on a training and development program which will raise skill levels
We`re looking to speak to interested candidates with the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 3 years experience of leading an engineering team and/or managing engineering projects within a fast moving manufacturing environment
- Excellent knowledge of CNC machinery.
- A passion for automation, robotics and technology in general.
- Experience managing costing and budgets
- Experienced measuring performance - utilisation, productivity and efficiency.
- A recognised electrical qualification - 17th Edition ideally.
- PLC experience (editing and/or programming)
- Experience implementing planned maintenance schedules PPM / TPM.
The location is commutable from the M62. Hull, York, Doncaster, Wakefield, Leeds.
If this sounds like the type of challenge you`re ready for and the thought of working with the latest technology and robotics excites you - then please apply with your CV