|Job Ref:||VAN00015||Employer:||GHD Pty Ltd||Country:||Canada||County/State:||British Columbia||City:||Vancouver||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 05:02|
GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. |
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 8500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics. Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate
Our offices in Vancouver are looking for a Junior Environmental Engineer to join our growing operations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Working with intermediate and senior staff in all aspects of project work including project development, scheduling, budgeting, analysis, reporting
• Coordinating technical resources and personnel
• Preparing portions technical reports environmental investigation reports, remedial alternative / design / action plans, design project specifications, bid documents, and regulatory submissions
• Data compilation, reduction, and interpretation, evaluation of environmental regulations, preparation of environmental reports
• Review, understanding, and interpretation of provincial and federal acts and regulations
• Assisting with proposal writing and preparing draft work plans
• Some travel to sites throughout BC and Alberta
• Assisting with field investigations
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
• Relevant Bachelor's Degree in environmental or other relevant engineering
• Experience conducting field work, and willingness to travel to undertake field work, is required (field demands can include working long hours, working in inclement weather conditions, and lifting up to 50lbs)
• Experience managing multiple tasks while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail in a consulting environment is preferred
• Must be flexible with project types and responsibilities
• Proven project and client management skills are an asset
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Excellent English writing and verbal communication is required to effectively express technical information to multiple audiences including subcontractors, field staff, clients, colleagues, etc.
• Valid driver's licence (an MVR check will be performed prior to hire)
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.