|Job Ref:||WHI00103||Employer:||GHD Pty Ltd||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Whitby||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 05:02|
GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. |
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 8500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
GHD provides virtually all the services that those from the private and public sector require to advance a land development or redevelopment project from an initial vision to reality. The majority of this work is channeled through our Land Development offices in Mississauga, Markham and Whitby. Within the Land Development Group, GHD has expertise in the upfront studies, planning, design and contract administration of residential and employment area plan of subdivisions, and of site plans.
Our Whitby office is looking for a Project Manager ready to join our growing Canadian Operations within the Land Development - Ontario group.
The successful candidate will:
• Prepare budget and proposal cost and time estimates and participate in proposal preparation.
• Lead and coordinates site plan and subdivision projects from the development of preliminary concepts through detailed design and construction.
• Keep the client informed of project status and coordinate necessary staffing resources to meet project deadlines.
• Coordinate storm water management activities with our SWM specialists.
• Contacts municipalities, utilities, and other consultants for information, as required.
• Liaise with municipalities, clients and other approval agencies in the pursuit of approvals and general coordination tasks.
• Manage project budget and invoicing.
• Liaise with sub-consultants and internal groups.
• Monitor project schedules and contract costs.
• Communicate pertinent project information to clients, municipalities and staff assigned to projects.
• Ensures that project design records and files are effectively managed.
• Perform other design and approval related duties as assigned or required.
• Monitor project budgets, initiating any necessary action to achieve established financial targets.
• Actively participates in staff development and business development activities.
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
• Post-secondary civil engineering education.
• Professional Engineer (NA.) or OACETT designation.
• Minimum 8 years' experience in design and management of site plans and subdivisions, with a full understanding of servicing, grading, and stormwater management requirements.
• Ability to lead by example and simultaneously coordinate multiple projects.
• A positive attitude towards their work, colleagues and is supportive of a team environment.
• Strong analytical and report writing skills and detail-oriented.
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.