About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
WSP/Parsons Brinckerhoff is seeking an Engineering Manager with strong technical skills to lead the Complex Bridge Center located in the Eastern geography of the US. In this position the candidate will be responsible for pursing, managing and providing technical services for complex bridge projects, including, segmental concrete, suspension, cable-stayed, fixed, and movable bridges, other specialty bridge engineering services primarily for WSP/Parsons Brinckerhoff offices in the US and internationally. The position will report to the Director of Complex Bridges.
• Direct and lead the work of the Complex Bridge Center staff in the Eastern geography of the US.
• Provide technical support and assist PMs and Structure TEC regional leads nationally in projects/contracts related to complex bridge projects, both in pursuits and project delivery.
• Attend conferences related to bridges, Bridge rehabilitation and Load ratings nationally. Promote PB in interacting with clients and DOTs.
• Be active in professional associations to enhance the standing of the organization and contributes to continued client interface.
• Provide assistance in understanding of current and emerging technical trends in complex bridges that affect our business.
• Serve as Project Manager or act as Discipline Lead for the delivery of Complex Bridge projects.
• Support the marketing and pursuit efforts in the US and Internationally on both conventional delivery services and alternative project delivery methods such as Design/Build; Public, Private Partnerships and Comprehensive Delivery Agreements.
• Assist in National and International marketing, business development and perform technical quality reviews of complex bridge projects.
• Perform other relevant duties as required
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
• The candidate should have extensive experience in the design, construction, rehabilitation and maintenance of all bridge and structures types.
• The candidate will serve on client relations teams and must have the proven ability to establish and maintain relationships with clients (including contractors) in the US and other countries
• The candidate should have the ability to gain the confidence and respect of the bridge industry, especially regarding the science and engineering of complex bridge design and construction methods
• The candidate must have a proven record of working on projects in the US, using US staff or a combination of US and international team members
• A minimum of 17 years of experience.
The selected candidate must have the ability to work in the United States immediately.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation