|Job Ref:||2016-179155||Employer:||Keane Group||Country:||United States||County/State:||Illinois||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 21:02|
Overview: A t NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company's growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here. |
A group company within NTT DATA currently seeks an Splunk Administrator to join our team in Bloomington, Illinois.
Position Functions or Responsibilities:
NTT Data is looking for an experienced Splunk Administrator to provide day to day support to our client business partners. The person chosen to fill this role will be responsible for resolving a host of Splunk related issues (adding new data, providing access support, deployments). In addition, this role requires an individual to support & maintain the installed Splunk software and provide consulting & enhancement services for selected products of the client's systems management infrastructure (the products, applications, and tools that enable Systems Management at client location).
Job Responsibilities include:
- Onboard new data into a multi-tiered Splunk environment
- Serve as a Splunk expert on project efforts
- Provide 3rd level Problem Management support for Splunk
- Ensure that Splunk is consistently stable and available
- Provide training and support documentation to the 2nd level administration team
- Effectively understand client's Service Management guidelines and principles
- Design and consult on Splunk architecture decisions and upgrades
- Design and construct complex Splunk searches and dashboards
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Splunk architecture
- IBM Systems Management Facility (SMF) records knowledge/experience
- Ability to troubleshoot Splunk infrastructure components in highly available, multi-site design
- Experience creating and maintaining Splunk applications
- Experience with UNIX operating systems (skilled on command line interface) and Shell/Perl/Python scripting
- Experience with Splunk forwarders and intermediate forwarders as well as index and search head clusters
- Splunk dashboard creation and advanced searching and reporting
- Excellent understanding of regular expressions (regex)
- Understanding of firewalls, load balancers and networking
- Understanding of virtual environments and SAN storage
- Able to set, communicate and meet aggressive deadlines
- Self-motivate, learn quickly and deliver results with minimal supervision
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
Basic Qualifications: Minimum 3 years experience:
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT DATA. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
Visit NA to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Options: Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Share on your newsfeed