Requisition ID: |
Responsible for all technical office survey activities.
- Act as Lead Surveyor in absence of the Lead Surveyor
- Provide technical assistance to survey crews and other project team members
- Assist with processing survey requests; improving quality processes and standards
- Work with project team to resolve technical problems
- Perform survey calculations for construction layout and other survey activities
- Estimate quantities and volumes
- Prepare survey plans and other technical drawings
- Process survey data from the field crews and ensure the records are complete and meet project standards
- Extract and calculate dimensions and coordinates from drawings, CAD files, and other sources for survey layout and other activities
- Upload and download survey data from various sources
- Prepare technical survey reports
- Perform survey data adjustments including least square's applications
- Implement survey data quality control measures
- Manage databases using spreadsheet, data management, and GIS software
- Work the hours necessary to ensure schedules and project goals are met
Basic Qualifications: (Candidate must meet all Basic Qualifications to be considered)
Shaping tomorrow together
- Candidate must have a degree in geomatics or equivalent training.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in surveying
- Candidate must be proficient with Civil 3D, Trimble Geomatics Office, MicroSurvey, and other applicable survey software.
- Candidate must have experience supervising crews.
- Candidate must be able to enforce survey data collection and survey calculation quality control measures
- Candidate should have 5 years of experience as a party chief and 5 years of experience with AutoCAD or MicroSurvey
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
- Candidate should be familiar Trimble survey equipment and be able trouble shoot software and calculation problems
- Candidate should be proficient with Word, Excel, and other software necessary to prepare professional technical survey reports
- Experience with Least Squares Adjustment software such as Starnet would be as asset
- Experience with Bechtel or similar quality control systems would be an asset
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Must be Canadian National
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.