AMBIT Suite Product Owner Coordinator - Remote Operations AMBIT Suite Software
Full Time Regular (Local)
The seasoned engineer is assigned to interface with the local product engineering team and offshore product owner. As the Product Owner coordinator this role will support the development and delivery of Software which will be fit for purpose to the operations groups within the AMBIT Services Product Line and external customers by representing Product line Product owner to the development team. The Product Owner coordinator will provide Operational needs, guidance and core subject matter to the development "Scrum teams" utilising the "Agile" software development process as part of the Remote Operations Product Management group.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Secondary Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Support ownership and Management of the AMBIT Products Backlog based on communication and guidance from global product line (Regional Technical Support teams, Product Line Mangers, Global Operations, Reliability and Service Delivery).
- Responsible for joint prioritization of work items within the AMBIT Products Backlog to meet preset release dates agreed with Product line management within the PDM process.
- Work closely with the global AMBIT product owners for the refinement of Stories/Product backlog Items (PBI's) with the Scrum teams, which includes the development of user stories, Use cases, Feature/Functionality definitions, refining acceptance criteria and defining the definition of "Done".
- Responsible for reviewing the creation and development of acceptance testing to meet the required criteria of the definition of "Done".
- Accountable to review, validate and accept each PBI/Story is completed as per the acceptance criteria and meets the definition of "Done" prior to release to global product owners.
- Assists "Scrum" teams in decision making and sequencing of key technological infrastructure work, but will not drive technological decisions or solutions.
- Provide detailed core technical and operational knowledge transfer input to the Software development teams to ensure a fit for purpose product is delivered.
- Accountable to ensure all global product owners are informed of progress and leads the end of sprint demonstrations.
Essential Qualifications / Requirements
- Region Focal point to the PDM (Product Development & Management) process. Development of Operational Needs, Attend Product Design Reviews and provide input at gate meetings as required.
- Responsible for the development of Field Test documentation including Field test planning, test case scenarios and reporting of Surface Software for Tech Transfer projects
- Plans, executes and reviews results of Field Test of new surface Software in coordination with engineering and the deploying region.
- Responsible for working closely with the region technical writer to ensure operational procedures are current when updates to software and hardware are implemented, liaise with global product owner on Training and Development to ensure Training materials are up to date.
- Liaise with Technical Support resources in Regions for operational issues and provide practical assistance to global support for critical performance issues during off
- Ensure timely response to inquiries from Global product owners
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) to Solution Engineering and Software Quality Assurance teams enabling the timely resolution of AMBIT Suite Software related field/operational incidents; work with software sustaining team to ensure reported issues are resolved.
Preferred Qualifications / Requirements
- Engineering Degree or equivalent Technical experience or 5 years' experience in related field.
- Must complete Product Owner training and achieve certification with 3 months of accepting the role.
- Strong working knowledge of Artificial Lift Applications, Fiber Optics, Reservoir Services Surface Software Systems with relevant, recent field experience is desirable
- A proven ability to recognise, analyse and solve technical issues, coupled with a process oriented working style
- High level knowledge about Artificial lift (Electrical Submersible Pump), Fiber Optics, Reservoir technologies, products and services
- Understanding of processes, industry standards and technologies as they relate to the AMBIT Platform suite (Artificial Lift, Fiber Optics and PZI ).
- Basic or broad understanding of well automation, reservoir analysis, dynamic reservoir characterization and production optimization is desirable
- Good analytical skills
- Technical knowledge of Platform Services software and the "Agile" development process.
- Previous experience in a Technical Support role is desirable, but not essential
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both Verbal & written), and fluent in English
- The ability to work well both independently and as part of a multifunctional team
- Field knowledge in AMBIT suite application is desirable but not essential.
- Understanding of down-hole hydraulics/data and rig operations is desirable but not essential
At Baker Hughes we make a commitment to the success of each individual team member. We offer benefits to chart your career path such as training, specialty assignments, cross-functional team projects, and much more. Additionally, Baker Hughes offers you the flexibility - and opportunities - you need to achieve your career goals.
For this position, we are ideally seeking candidates who have permanent work authorization in Cochin, India. If you do not have current eligibility to work in Cochin, India, then please visit our website NA and explore one of the many other opportunities that we have to offer in other locations that you may be eligible for.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at NA.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.