|Job Ref:||204800505||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£60000 - £80000/annum Car + Pension + Bens||Post Date:||16/10/2016 03:20|
Senior Commercial Manager with strong Quantity Surveying background required to take up permanent post based out of RAF Wyton, Cambridgeshire working on a National hard FM contract within the MoD built environment.|
* Work with the Area Managers and Additional Services Managers to lead the business in meeting all contractual, commercial and risk elements of the service delivery.
* Be responsible for the management of Commercial performance, resource and stakeholder relationships.
* Incorporate sustainable solutions and support the Sustainability agenda and meet cost requirements for all Additional Services.
* Drive the identification and delivery of opportunities to reduce the carbon footprint for the MoD assets.
* Attend Risk Review meetings and manage regular review and maintenance of risk register.
* Ensure compliance with health, safety, sustainability, quality and other statutory requirements.
* Develop and implement commercial risk management procedures.
The Senior Commercial Manager will:
* Ensure full awareness at all times of responsibilities, obligations and limitations under the service delivery contract.
* Provide advice and guidance to staff in the preparation and presentation of works proposals, reviews and updates.
* Communicate and promote Area participation in support of external accreditation's and initiatives.
* Assist with dispute avoidance strategy and any dispute resolution.
* Provide, monitor and develop cost models for managing all works, staff and overheads.
* Agree contract changes with DIO where appropriate.
* Manage the asset list and agree commercial changes as required
* Provide risk analysis of contract conditions, cost, sub-contracts and commercial implications.
* Develop and present reports that provide clarity on business performance and forecasts.
* Maintain commercial control to enable planned milestone payments are achieved.
* Monitor and review Supply Chain performance.
* Ensure Additional Services projects are tendered in accordance with laid down processes.
* Ensure Additional Services are priced and managed in line with contract requirements delivering value for money at all times.
* Ensure all Additional services are evaluated to ensure carbon reduction and energy efficiency improvements are always considered.
* Manage the Early Warning System and attend monthly Risk Reduction Meetings, agreeing contract changes where necessary.
* Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience to include job related experience providing the necessary knowledge, skill and abilities to be able to perform the function of the role
* Experience in the commercial element of facilities management and/or commercial construction/refurbishments, either of large projects (£500k to £3Million) or many smaller projects (£20k to £500k) running concurrently
*works experience duration in the FM / Construction sector to be not less than 8 years unless specific MOD experience exists in which case 7 year minimum.
*H&S Awareness Training
*Familiarity of Regional Prime and NEC3 contracting and requirements
Closingdate for applications: 21.10.2016